Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
floway
floway began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
there is no font.properties in kindle touch

i have Jailbreak my kindle touch,but i can't find font.properties anywhere,how could i change the fonts?help please,thanks very much

Last edited by floway; 12-12-2011 at 09:06 AM.
floway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
windirt
windirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra2
I'm not sure, maybe exchange the ttf files in the "/usr/java/lib/fonts" would work.

copy the font files you wanna to replace on the usbdrive "fonts" folder, then connect the kindle touch with usbnet.
copy the fonts in "/usr/java/lib/fonts" to "/mnt/us/backup" for a backup.
then replace them by copy the fonts in "/mnt/us/fonts", make sure the filename are same as the origin one. reboot...

ok, I just imagine the above operations. some guru will judge it possible or not. don't try it before you get a confirm.
windirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
lumanz
lumanz began at the beginning.

Device: Bold 9000/Kindle Keyboard/Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by windirt View Post
I'm not sure, maybe exchange the ttf files in the "/usr/java/lib/fonts" would work.

copy the font files you wanna to replace on the usbdrive "fonts" folder, then connect the kindle touch with usbnet.
copy the fonts in "/usr/java/lib/fonts" to "/mnt/us/backup" for a backup.
then replace them by copy the fonts in "/mnt/us/fonts", make sure the filename are same as the origin one. reboot...

ok, I just imagine the above operations. some guru will judge it possible or not. don't try it before you get a confirm.
That won't work, sorry~ I tried.
It turns out a mix of the new and old fonts.
And what I replaced are two Chinese fonts. Maybe someone can have a try with other ones. Wish you luck.
lumanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The new reader *may* be using fontconfig (like the browser does since FW 3.x). if you're not familiar with how fontconfig works on Linux, don't mess with it. (can't work on this yet, still no KT over here ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
@NiLuJe: If you want sombody to order you a KT, just ask.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@geekmaster: Saw your PM, was just getting around to answering it ;p. Basically, I'd like to avoid having to resort to that kind of means to get one, especially given the fact that I don't have much free time right now, but if I'm still pissed about INTL availability of the touch at a later date when I have more free time, I'll definitely think about it, thanks .
Old 12-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
... was just getting around to ...
It sounds like you need one of these a LOT more than you need a Touch right now:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/round_tuit

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-13-2011 at 11:35 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@geekmaster: Indeed. ^^