Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
marcelo2605
marcelo2605 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Background color

I set a background color for my epub book in Sigil adding this lines to template.css

Code:
body{
      background color: #f48000;
}
In Adobe Digital Edition, looks fine. But when a saw this book in Ipad, the background color disappear. Why?
marcelo2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo2605 View Post
I set a background color for my epub book in Sigil adding this lines to template.css

Code:
body{
      background color: #f48000;
}
In Adobe Digital Edition, looks fine. But when a saw this book in Ipad, the background color disappear. Why?
Because whatever reading software you are using in the iPad does not support/obey background color.

By the way, you included the hyphen in "background-color", didn't you?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post

By the way, you included the hyphen in "background-color", didn't you?
You saw that too.

ADE would have barfed all over (ignored the class) on an error .

Apple is just Kray-zee (or arrogant) to have a color device and ignore basic HTML.
ADE (used on many grey-scale E-ink devices) does color-(anything valid) fine.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
marcelo2605

Jellby, is there any software for PC that simulates how the book will be an iPad? I'm using only ADE

In this case, I forgot the hyphen.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
AFAIK there is no such software. If you say iPad, do you mean iBooks? There are more apps for the iPad that can read ePub. Most are better in following specs too...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
marcelo2605

Thanks Toraxis. But I try to understand why when I set a background-color in css of my epub, this color don't appear in iPad's Stanza. And when I try in iBooks, the background color change to black.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
That is easy to understand. Apple refused to follow the ePub specs and build it in their reading software. This is not the only example we have seen so far...
As to why Apple has made that decision...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
marcelo2605

Hummmmmm...

Thanks Toraxis