Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-03-2017, 12:25 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Gutenberg down?

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Gutenberg tonight. I try to do so and get the following message:
Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gutenberg.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:29 AM   #2
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
this is a handy site where you can check on status:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

also:
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:36 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post

also:
Thanks GrannyGrump. Seems it must be something wrong in my browser or something.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:58 AM   #4
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post

also:
Those look like they would be good websites to bookmark. I wasn't aware of either one of them.

FYI--I can't access Gutenberg.org right now, either. So don't throw out your computer just yet. ha

In case anyone cares, I noticed that our Gutenberg mates in Australia have their site up right now--http://gutenberg.net.au/. C'mon U.S. Gutenberg, we can't let the Aussies outdo us! ha
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:31 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Those look like they would be good websites to bookmark. I wasn't aware of either one of them.

FYI--I can't access Gutenberg.org right now, either. So don't throw out your computer just yet. ha

In case anyone cares, I noticed that our Gutenberg mates in Australia have their site up right now--http://gutenberg.net.au/. C'mon U.S. Gutenberg, we can't let the Aussies outdo us! ha
I wasn't aware of either site either. I have noted them down for future use. I was able to get back on the site some time after. Can't figure why it wouldn't let me onsite for a while.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:02 PM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I wasn't aware of either site either. I have noted them down for future use. I was able to get back on the site some time after. Can't figure why it wouldn't let me onsite for a while.
Gremlins.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:27 AM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Gremlins.
Very possibly.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:11 AM   #8
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Ha! I have found one possible glitch --- when I click a Gutenberg link from a Wikipedia page, it ALWAYS is unable to display page. Clicking on a direct link from Google or my favorites menu always works.

This implies that they have changed their coding at Gutenberg, and remote links are now broken.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote