Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #16
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
I would - if I could find a download link on
http://gutenberg.spiegel.de
AFAIK you can only "Select all - copy" Chapter by chapter and "build" a book that way.... Thanks for making me re-think: some of the books have dozens of chapters, but some only have three or four; at least the latter would easily be handled in Gutenberg.
If you have an iphone or ipad the app web2book pro can be very useful for converting multiple webpages into one epub.

It doesn't handle internal links or images but it does a tidy job of converting webpages into chapters of a book with the option of removing any unwanted material. It's not the most intuitive app to use but the help videos are actually helpful.

Or you could trying using dotEPUB to convert individual webpages to epubs and then the calibre plugin ePubMerge to put them together.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:27 PM   #17
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
It's Karl May, Saemtliche Werke (300+ titles).
It seems I'll have to visit this forum more often; I had no idea that there were ANY books here at Mobileread.
Many German Karl May books are already available as standalone MR epubs. For details, see the Tabellenübersicht der deutschen eBooks.

If the book that you're looking for is not on the list, there are several methods to convert gutenberg.de books to epubs:

Online converter

Offline converter
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:48 AM   #18
Jochen K.
Jochen K. began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S4 (no second device to lug around)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
You can download a DVD image with tends of thousands of Project Gutenberg books, and have them as individual files.

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenb...nd_DVD_Project

Thanks - that's great information; I'll certainly do that, though for my current "problem" it probably won't help, as http://www.gutenberg.org only has a handful of his titles, so the DVD will likely be the same.
Jochen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:50 AM   #19
Jochen K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Many German Karl May books are already available as standalone MR epubs. For details, see the Tabellenübersicht der deutschen eBooks.

If the book that you're looking for is not on the list, there are several methods to convert gutenberg.de books to epubs:

Online converter

Offline converter
Great, thanks; I'll try out all three options when I'll have the time over Carnival.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #20
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Thanks - that's great information; I'll certainly do that, though for my current "problem" it probably won't help, as http://www.gutenberg.org only has a handful of his titles, so the DVD will likely be the same.
I downloaded it, and it had over 20,000 books.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #21
Jochen K.

Thanks, folks!

I'm currently on "vacation" (over the Carnival weekend - until Tuesday - just about everything in Cologne is closed, except, of course, for pubs, bars, restaurants...), and with your helpful advice I could extract all those titles that appear interesting.