Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 04:27 AM   #1
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Dasung sold out all Paperlikes!

As per their Twitter:

https://twitter.com/DasungTech/statu...53653856157697

I think this is great news because it shows that there is a market for such devices and will encourage Dasung to work on new models. Selling all products for a start-up company is a really big deal and rare accomplishment.

I am observing Dasung for some time noe and am considering buying Paperlike (I assume that some of their partners still have some units, e.g. Amazon was selling it) but I would like to see a better refresh rate in at least A5, ideally A16. For software developers like me, the current lagging (even in A2) is a show stopper. Of course I would like to see a mythical IMX7 in the next generation, but that's just a wishful thinking.

Frontlight would be nice so the background look more white but I could live without it.

Maybe their forthcoming e-reader will have some sort of a display port? That would be amazing!
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
They're releasing a 13" e-reader, so maybe they think it makes sense to release a portable device that can be plugged in. Presumably it will include blue-tooth. This means they are replicating what Onyx is doing, but maybe with more focus on making it functional as a PC screen.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=282237&page=2
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote