Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-30-2016, 09:16 PM   #2026
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I checked out The Hating Game from the library. On goodreads my friends are split on it so I am interested to see how I fit in. I saw Blossom's review on it and a couple of other of my GR friends were like it and then others totally loved it.

I am very curious if I'll virtually fling it at the wall, or if I will like it.

I remember blossom you saying about not being able to read historicals there for a while. It happens. Its still my favorite genre and I now have a hard time reading anything contemp at this time. I have become so so picky with contempo, can't be anything new adult, nothing with whiny emo alphhole heroes, etc. I can't stand childish drama lama so to speak.
I can tolerate more stuff in historicals as its just "different". Like PNR and RS or SFR. As long as its not straight CR.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:32 PM   #2027
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I'm the opposite. I have been in an historical drought for a few years now. I just burned out in them. Other than a few authors (Amanda Quick, who is jumping to the 1930s in her next release, and Alissa Johnson, who I am still a few releases behind on) they've just been piling up in my TBR to the point where I don't plan to buy any new historicals next year (other than the Avon titles I can get free with HQN coupon codes).

When I eventually get back to reading historicals I have a ton in my TBR

I'm not a big fan of NA or YA. Mostly because I prefer third person POV and most NA seems to be first person or alternating first person. I'll read some of it, but mostly I prefer regular contemporaries or romantic suspense. I also enjoy SciFi romance and some paranormal (just not vampires).
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #2028
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Really difficult to find non 1st person CR. I prefer 3rd for all my romances. There is the rare 1st that works for me, but overall its just not my thing. To one sided. I like both h and H insight. Thankfully so far HR has been left alone for the most part with the 1st person stuff. I'll probably read mostly historicals in 2017. Romance and mystery.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:22 AM   #2029
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
If anyone wants a copy of Piper J Drake's True Heroes novella, try this link Winter Valor
Thanks! I have been wanting to try her books. Romances with dogs (or cats, or really any pets) in them get me every time.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:34 AM   #2030
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I checked out The Hating Game from the library. On goodreads my friends are split on it so I am interested to see how I fit in. I saw Blossom's review on it and a couple of other of my GR friends were like it and then others totally loved it.

I am very curious if I'll virtually fling it at the wall, or if I will like it.
I liked it but didn't love it. I read it at the same time as Act Like It by Lucy Parker which turned out to be one of my top romances of the year whereas with The Hating Game, it was okay, but not great. Enemies to lovers is not a favorite trope of mine and the heroine kind of irritated me.

I'm always fascinated at the different reactions we all have to the same book.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:41 AM   #2031
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
A few of my 5 stars from this year:

Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels series) by Ilona Andrews

The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz

It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers series) by Lisa Kleypas

Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter series) by Nalini Singh
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:24 AM   #2032
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Free @Amazon
The Unflappable Miss Fairchild Free - (Uncommon Courtships Book 1) by Regina Scott

(Zebra / Kensington 1998)
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:50 AM   #2033
Amaryllis
Connoisseur
Amaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Free @Amazon
The Unflappable Miss Fairchild Free - (Uncommon Courtships Book 1) by Regina Scott

(Zebra / Kensington 1998)
Also free at Kobo.
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:58 AM   #2034
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post
Also free at Kobo.
Link to Kobo
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:09 PM   #2035
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I know it's 2017 in some places already and not yet others. Since all times are GMT and it's now January 1st on that side of the pond, here's the 2017 Thread

Happy New Year!
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:10 PM   #2036
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Happy New Year

The new thread for 2017 is now available.

FREE/BARGAIN - Romance + Discussion - 2017

Last edited by issybird; 12-31-2016 at 10:51 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:37 PM   #2037
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Hmm this was done a bit early don't you think?

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:51 AM   #2038
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Hmm this was done a bit early don't you think?

Sent from my XT1528
Not for me in GMT + 1
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #2039
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
5 star romance reads, some of my favorites of 2016

Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole (paranormal)
McCarthys of Gansett Island series by Marie Force (contemporary)
Numerous series by T.S. Joyce (paranormal, on KU)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote