Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #46
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
It does not have speakers. You have to use bluetooth headphones or speakers.

Quote:
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from Kindle Oasis to your Bluetooth speakers or headphones.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:07 PM   #47
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
I'm very interested in whether Bluetooth can be used with a remote to turn pages.

If I can get mine jailbroken when I get it, this is the first thing I am going to try to do if it doesn't work out of the box.

Amazon really should support this for accessibility reasons if for nothing else.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 12:21 AM   #48
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Hey Barty,

I doublechecked, but sadly there's no option for inversion in this fw version.
It will be in Accessibility Settings.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:10 AM   #49
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
I received my new Oasis today! For those interested some short notes:

Build quality is excellent. When you hold the device in your hand, it feels a bit cold, just like an iPad, but only or a few seconds. The reader is very comfortable to hold, even with one hand.

The light is distributed very even. NO light cones or light bulbs.

The light sensor works nice, but if you don't like it, it can be turned off easily.

Page turnes are very very quick.

Now the interesting part for the guys from the developers corner:

I have the 8 GB model, serial number beginning with G000. Firmware is 5.9.0.5.1, 6144 MB free space left!

In the font menu there are no bold options as in FW 5.8.11.

I am very pleased with this device. This is the first time ever I got a device without any flaws from Amazon. Maybe I was just lucky this time, but I say good job!
Thank you very much for giving your impressions. I am anxious about the lighting and your post has reassured me. .
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #50
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Thanks for the early feedback.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 08:00 AM   #51
quatermass
quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Can you let us know if the light is more blue or yellow in tint? Thanks. #PleaseSayBlue
quatermass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:00 AM   #52
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by quatermass View Post
Can you let us know if the light is more blue or yellow in tint? Thanks. #PleaseSayBlue
The light is very neutral in my opinion. Not bluish, but also not very yellowish. That is a good thing, I think. It's time to make all color fractions happy

But, as light color may vary in different units of the same model, and people have different perceptions of the same thing, I doubt my answer is representative.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:12 AM   #53
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Quote:
- G000P8

- model is Wifi only

- purchased in and delivered to Germany
Do you see anything similar to special offers on this new Oasis?

I'm asking about this because:

1. Amazon DE website says:
"Sie erhalten Spezialangebote und gesponserte Bildschirmschoner direkt auf Ihren Kindle. Die Angebote werden auf dem Bildschirmschoner Ihres Kindle angezeigt, wenn dieser nicht benutzt wird - sie stören Sie nicht beim Lesen."

(and the other European Amazons do not have such section).

2. The price in Amazon DE is 20 euro lower as compared to FR/IT.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #54
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroo View Post
"Sie erhalten Spezialangebote und gesponserte Bildschirmschoner direkt auf Ihren Kindle. Die Angebote werden auf dem Bildschirmschoner Ihres Kindle angezeigt, wenn dieser nicht benutzt wird - sie stören Sie nicht beim Lesen."

There are no special offers on my KOA2. I also saw this text, when I bought my KAO, which never showed any special offers either.

229,99 Euro is the one and only price for the 8 GB Wifi model in Germany. When you buy it, you can not pay more to get rid of special offers.

The only thing is the shop on the homepage, which shows recommendations. This can be turned off in the settings.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
There are no special offers on my KOA2. I also saw this text, when I bought my KAO, which never showed any special offers either.

229,99 Euro is the one and only price for the 8 GB Wifi model in Germany. When you buy it, you can not pay more to get rid of special offers.

The only thing is the shop on the homepage, which shows recommendations. This can be turned off in the settings.
I don't believe any Oasis sold outside the US has special offers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #56
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
If I can get mine jailbroken when I get it, this is the first thing I am going to try to do if it doesn't work out of the box.

Amazon really should support this for accessibility reasons if for nothing else.
Thank you and I agree! Will be watching for your reports.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #57
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't believe any Oasis sold outside the US has special offers.
Oasis in Japan can be bought with or without special offers (2000 Yen price difference).
ETA: But all Prime members also get 4000 Yen discount on Oasis.

Last edited by Lady Stardust; 10-29-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:21 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Oasis in Japan can be bought with or without special offers (2000 Yen price difference).
Thank you. Useful to know.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:43 AM   #59
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroo View Post
Do you see anything similar to special offers on this new Oasis?

I'm asking about this because:

(and the other European Amazons do not have such section).

One explanation is that Amazon may be trying to keep the price down to compete with the Tolino Epos (in preorder right now at 229 euros), the company's first 7.8" ereader. Tolino is the n.1 ereader provider in Germany, competing with Kobo and Amazon.
Tolino sells its ereaders in Italy as well, but it's no competition to Kobo and Amazon, and the Epos won't be released here anyway, so that might explain why the price is in line with France (who doesn't get Tolinos AFAIK).
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Tolino sells its ereaders in Italy as well, but it's no competition to Kobo and Amazon, and the Epos won't be released here anyway, so that might explain why the price is in line with France (who doesn't get Tolinos AFAIK).
I see it's a little cheaper in Germany than the UK. €229.99 in Germany, and £229.99 in the UK, but £1 is worth about €1.13 at present. The UK has a slightly higher rate of VAT, which accounts for some of the difference.