Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #1
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Kindle App on Android Opinions?

Those of you with android devices, could you share your thoughts on using the kindle app on an android ereader? Or could you explain how you export quotes and notes if you use another app instead? (I feel stuck in kindle system for syncing books that I already own on ePub between iPhone and ereader)
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
I have the Boyue Likebook Plus. It is an e-ink device running android 4.2.2. As such, the last Compatiple Kindle app is version 4.15.0.46 dated August 5, 2015. It’s not pretty with all the dark backgrounds and animations but for reading, it’s doable. For shopping, though, I find it impossible. Dark text and dark backgrounds don’t mix on an e-ink device. It’s one thing to miss a few UI elements here and there but quite another to have product discriptions completely illegible.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
I have the Boyue Likebook Mars. It is an e-ink device running Android 6, and it runs the latest version of the Kindle app. The app is missing some of the customizability of a dedicated Kindle. While it does provide a selection of fonts, it does not allow the use of custom fonts. Page turns are animated, which is annoying. You can move through books with a slider, but you cannot enter precise locations to go to. To turn a page, you have to touch it on the far right instead of anywhere besides the far left, which makes page turning harder. It took me a while to figure out where the reviews were in the store entry for a book. Instead of scrolling down to read reviews, you have to click on the link telling how many reviews there are. For me, the main advantages of using the app is that I get to read on the Likebook Mars, which has warm lighting for reading at night, which is bigger than the Oasis, and which I can use to stream Spotify while reading. Other than that, I would rather read on a dedicated Kindle or read in Moon+Reader, which is more customizable and more e-ink friendly than the Kindle app.

Last edited by fduniho; 11-15-2018 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Added info, deleted extra word.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:25 AM   #4
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
I've just finished reading two novels in the Kindle app on the Mars and I think it's great. Animated page turns are so quick they don't bother me and there's plenty of contrast between the page and the text. The last actual Kindle device I had was the Kindle Touch so quite a while ago but the app on the Mars is at least as good as that from my point of view. Also I haven't charged the device for about 3 weeks now and it's still showing over half full so just using the Kindle app with WiFi off probably has a similar battery life to a dedicated Kindle device.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote