Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
emilov
Enthusiast
emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2, KA1
Return from Footnote

After pressing the little number for a footnote, KOReader takes me to the section of the book where I can read that footnote: very good. But how do I return to the page I was reading? I found no "Back" button, is there a gesture for this?

(this is KOReader latest nightly on KA1 4.5-something firmware with a few patches enabled)
emilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Under the left-most menu option (bookmark) > follow links there's a "Swipe to go back" option.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
That depends on how you have things set in the "Follow links >" menu. I leave it on the default "Swipe to go back" option. [The swipe is from the left edge of the screen.] There is also a "Go back" option, to do it from within the menu. The menu is under the first tab on the left at the top of the screen.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #4
emilov
Enthusiast
emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emilov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2, KA1
Super, thanks! Swipe to go back is what I was after.
emilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:14 AM   #5
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Under the left-most menu option (bookmark) > follow links there's a "Swipe to go back" option.
The docs don't mention that you need to turn it on. BTW, shouldn't these settings be under "Settings" menu (perhaps in "Navigation" section), and not in "Bookmarks" menu. I couldn't find them until I googled your post.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:36 PM   #6
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
The docs don't mention that you need to turn it on.
Well, work on wiki is also a big task. I sort of took it, at least part of it on myself, but I'm at loss what needs to be done, what is correct, what is incorrect.

If you want to help, you can work with me here to correcting and adding correct info to wiki.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #7
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
The docs don't mention that you need to turn it on.
But you don't need to turn anything on that interferes with the normal expected swipe left/right. You can just use "go to previous location". And it's a wiki for a reason. If you find something that's incomplete or just plain wrong, please fix it! (Or open an issue about it.)

You're right about the settings thing; that would make more sense that way. The go to previous location action used to be hidden in that menu before I pulled it out to the front.

Last edited by Frenzie; 09-06-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote