Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
Exclamation Using the nook while it's charging through your computer?

Hi All

When I am charging my nook by connecting to my laptop, on the screen it says the followings:

"If you want to use your nook and continue charging, please choose Eject or Unmount from the menu for the nook drive on your computer. If your nook also has a microSD card, eject that drive too."

So I ejected the nook, and nothing happened. I hit the power button, thinking it was sleeping, and nothing happened. I still have the same "if you want to use your nook..." screen showing. The nook is still charging.

I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong somehow (EVERYTHING is for sure ejected) or if this is just another one in the laundry list of bugs. Has anyone successfully used their nook while charging through the USB from the computer?

I'm using WinXP Pro Sp3, and Nook Firmware 1.3

Cheers

Cheers
droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
I've used my nook this way. I also have XP and Nook 1.3. From the windows explorer "My Computer" window, the Nook is listed in the "Devices with Removable Storage" section. I right-click on nook icon there and select 'Eject'. The windows icon becomes generic (no longer says 'nook' but is still listed as a removable drive) and the Nook screen flashes and goes to the last page showing before I plugged it in. I can then use it as it charges.

However, when I try to use the Calibre program to eject it, it completely disappears from the "My Computer" window and the Nook screen retains the "if you want to use your nook" screen. So I don't do it that way.

How are you attempting to eject the Nook?
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
Huh, I totally forgot "Eject" option, I think what Calibre do is "Safely remove hardware" what I did is also "Safely remove hardware".

Seems that Eject and Safely remove hardware are different.

Thanks
droople is offline   Reply With Quote