Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #211
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
wow Geoff! the eyes are just incredible!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #212
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

There are many things 'wrong' with this, but it is my first drawing for at least 2 years, so on that basis I'm very pleased with it ... There is a lot of white hair that I struggled with, not least the long whiskers.
Plain beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
The builder is not the owner of the house.

To make the mould, I had to encase the carving edges in plywood about 6" thick. Then they filled everything with silicone. Silicone comes, like epoxy, in two liquids that react chemically to become rubbery. This flexible particularity allows separation of the mould from the "plug" (original artwork) . The silicone itself for this unit cost 5000$.

Once they had this casting they set it on a vibrating staging plate and poured in the concrete. A moulding like this is good for about 30 reproductions without major repair.

The house walls were made this way too. I made some of the detail moulding around doors and windows out of wood. Those they dealt with themselves.

I'm adding a picture of the "plug" on the day of delivery.
to you. And to the pruchaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
LCF, are these sort of origami? That is, you created them by folding aluminum sheet, not by dripping something from the purification column, right?
Nope, no enzymes involved! I'm trying to use only aluminium sheets and my hands plus whatever lies around at the moment. I cheated once and still feel guilty about it...
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #213
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
I cheated once and still feel guilty about it...
Cheating is not of an artist's language. An artist says "license or creativity".

Thank you for the compliments!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #214
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Cheating is not of an artist's language. An artist says "license or creativity".
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:36 AM   #215
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Hi All,

I don't think I have posted to this thread yet, but I guess it's time I did

After a hiatus of a few months, I have finally finished a new video. For those of you who don't know my works, it's an abstract digital video, 8'25 long.

Available on my website in Quicktime format:
http://www.florenceartur.com/article803.html?lang=en

And for those who prefer Flash, it should be available in about half an hour on Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/14135714

Hope you enjoy
Florence
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote