Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2018, 11:12 AM   #31
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anigrin View Post
Just upgraded to my Aura One to 4.11 and applied the patch. Everything works great! Thanks very much.
No problem!
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:06 PM   #32
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Instructions for patching firmware 4.11.11982

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I might be able to patch the long-tap if you want. I can also port the patch to the old version without much effort.

You’re just too kind. And: oh, no, now I’ve got to choose ��

Ehm ehhmm... would you mind porting to 4.9.11311 please? (And then I’ll probably request the long-tap patch [weeks/months/years?] from now when I do update ����...)

Actually no, I’d prefer the long-tap patch please! You’ve made so many other handy patches (like the ingenious nightmode toggle) I’d like to start using so I better just jump on the 4.11 bandwagon

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 11-17-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #33
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Patches v31 with 2 new patches by me

I have released patches v31 for 4.11.11982 with 2 new patches by me.

Set reading footer height
This patch sets the height of the reading footer menu (not the page number, the bar with the different buttons). By default, this patch reduces the height by 33%, and works well the "Custom menubar - reduce height by 33%" nickel patch.

Always show confirmation dialog
This patch is similar to the one which blocks all upgrades. The main difference is that this one is a bit safer and will give you the option to accept or reject the upgrade.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:36 AM   #34
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Thank you for your extensive work, @geek1011. The patches I used run on my two readers (Kobo Aura H2O 1st and 2nd Edition [version 1]) without any problems.
Thanks also to @jcn363. The Nickel Progressive-H patch works fine on my devices.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #35
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Hi,
I tried to enable
Code:
Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen
but got the following error:
Code:
Error: could not apply patches: error applying patch file 'src/nickel.yaml': ReplaceZlib: find string not found in stream ([qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2{qproperty-visible:false;})
Thanks

Norbert
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #36
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbusan View Post
Hi,
I tried to enable
Code:
Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen
but got the following error:
Code:
Error: could not apply patches: error applying patch file 'src/nickel.yaml': ReplaceZlib: find string not found in stream ([qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2{qproperty-visible:false;})
Thanks

Norbert
Can I see your log?
Old 11-18-2018, 09:38 AM   #37
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Quote:
Can I see your log?
Sure, but what do you mean with log? The full output to STDOUT? Or is there some log file written? (I don't think so, but just in case).

Here is the output

Code:
$ ./kobopatch.sh 
kobopatch v0.10.4
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

Loading configuration from kobopatch.yaml
Reading input firmware zip

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0
  Applying overrides
    ENABLE  `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
  SKIP  `Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
  SKIP  `Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)`
  SKIP  `Ignore ePub TOC navpoints`
  SKIP  `Default ePub symbol font (Symbol)`
  SKIP  `Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
  SKIP  `Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets`
  SKIP  `Disable orphans/widows avoidance`
  APPLY `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
  SKIP  `Default ePub serif font (Amasis)`
  SKIP  `Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans)`

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/nickel
  Applying overrides
    ENABLE  `Increase the view details container size`
    ENABLE  `Custom font to collection and author titles`
    ENABLE  `New home screen subtitle custom font`
    ENABLE  `Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen`
    ENABLE  `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen`
    ENABLE  `Custom synopsis/details line spacing`
    ENABLE  `Custom synopsis/font size`
    ENABLE  `Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area`
    ENABLE  `Increase the cover size in library`
    ENABLE  `Show all games`
    ENABLE  `Custom reading footer style`
    ENABLE  `Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing`
  APPLY `Show all games`
  SKIP  `Remove forgot pin button from lock screen`
  APPLY `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen`
  APPLY `Custom synopsis/font size`
  SKIP  `Custom menubar - reduce height by 33%`
  APPLY `Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing`
  SKIP  `Custom menubar - reduce height by 50%`
  APPLY `Increase the view details container size`
  SKIP  `Increase headlines font`
  SKIP  `Disable reading footer`
  SKIP  `New home screen increasing cover size`
  APPLY `Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area`
  APPLY `Increase the cover size in library`
  SKIP  `Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart`
  APPLY `Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen`
    Error: i8: could not apply patch: ReplaceZlib: find string not found in stream ([qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2{qproperty-visible:false;})
$
Does that help?
Old 11-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #38
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Sure, but what do you mean with log? The full output to STDOUT? Or is there some log file written? (I don't think so, but just in case).

Here is the output

Code:
$ ./kobopatch.sh 
kobopatch v0.10.4
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

Loading configuration from kobopatch.yaml
Reading input firmware zip

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0
  Applying overrides
    ENABLE  `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
  SKIP  `Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
  SKIP  `Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)`
  SKIP  `Ignore ePub TOC navpoints`
  SKIP  `Default ePub symbol font (Symbol)`
  SKIP  `Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
  SKIP  `Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets`
  SKIP  `Disable orphans/widows avoidance`
  APPLY `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
  SKIP  `Default ePub serif font (Amasis)`
  SKIP  `Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans)`

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/nickel
  Applying overrides
    ENABLE  `Increase the view details container size`
    ENABLE  `Custom font to collection and author titles`
    ENABLE  `New home screen subtitle custom font`
    ENABLE  `Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen`
    ENABLE  `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen`
    ENABLE  `Custom synopsis/details line spacing`
    ENABLE  `Custom synopsis/font size`
    ENABLE  `Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area`
    ENABLE  `Increase the cover size in library`
    ENABLE  `Show all games`
    ENABLE  `Custom reading footer style`
    ENABLE  `Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing`
  APPLY `Show all games`
  SKIP  `Remove forgot pin button from lock screen`
  APPLY `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen`
  APPLY `Custom synopsis/font size`
  SKIP  `Custom menubar - reduce height by 33%`
  APPLY `Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing`
  SKIP  `Custom menubar - reduce height by 50%`
  APPLY `Increase the view details container size`
  SKIP  `Increase headlines font`
  SKIP  `Disable reading footer`
  SKIP  `New home screen increasing cover size`
  APPLY `Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area`
  APPLY `Increase the cover size in library`
  SKIP  `Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart`
  APPLY `Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen`
    Error: i8: could not apply patch: ReplaceZlib: find string not found in stream ([qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2{qproperty-visible:false;})
$
Does that help?
I think the `Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen` and the `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen` patches are conflicting (but I can't check just yet as I'm on my phone, and you didn't show the log.txt file in the out folder). Try disabling one and see if it helps. If it does, I can give you a merged version later today.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #39
norbusan
Zealot

Quote:
I think the `Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen` and the `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen` patches are conflicting (but I can't check just yet as I'm on my phone, and you didn't show the log.txt file in the out folder). Try disabling one and see if it helps. If it does, I can give you a merged version later today.
Yes indeed, removing the `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen` from my override set makes it work. Thanks a lot!

Norbert
Old 11-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #40
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Yes indeed, removing the `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen` from my override set makes it work. Thanks a lot!

Norbert
You can use
Spoiler:
Code:
Only Reading and My Books:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: Home screen tweaks
  - FindZlib: "#row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2,#row2col2,#row3{qproperty-visible:false;}"

Remove Footer and Recommendations:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: Home screen tweaks
  - FindZlib: "#row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2,#row3{qproperty-visible:false;}"

Good luck.

Last edited by jcn363; 11-20-2018 at 08:12 AM. Reason: typo
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #41
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
What's happend with the My 24 Line spacing Patch, is it available now?
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #42
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
What's happend with the My 24 Line spacing Patch, is it available now?
Yes, it's been available for quite a while. Just go back to post #1, item #2 and re-download the latest version of kobopatch_4.11.11982.zip.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:12 AM   #43
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
Quote:
the `Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen` and the `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen` patches are conflicting
And the 'New home screen increasing cover size' as well as 'Remove footer (row3) on new home screen' too!

If you activate the 'Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen' you mustn't activate any of the other patches!
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #44
konstantinus
Connoisseur
konstantinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
Quote:
I've released patches v26 with a new "Change pop-up footnote font-family" patch by me
Sorry, maybe I missed something, is the final answer that the pop-up footnotes cannot be italicized?
konstantinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:16 AM   #45
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
What makes you say that? I applied the two patches and there was no problem.

Regards,
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching