Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-27-2008, 01:47 AM   #1
TimCotterill
TimCotterill began at the beginning.

Location: Technicaly, Brisbane Australia; practicly, where ever I'm working.
Device: BE Book
Talking Hello Boys and Girls

Hi Guys,

I'm Tim from Brisbane. I'm a network engineer, who mostly works in the developing and dangerous parts of the world.

The missus and I usually spend about 3/2 of the year OS doing various missions for the UN, EU, IMF, World Development Bank... whoever will pay the bill.

Just bought a BE Book (Hanlin re-bage), which absolutely rules, and unlike the morons at Sony or Amazon... it is actually available in Australia.

I hope people from Sony and Amazon read this intro, and I hope they realise just how narrow minded an stupid they are being in BLOCKING Australian citizens from owning their products

E-book readers so rule, I've had mine for 3 months now and it paid for it's self on it's first mission (Rwanda), because I did not have to pay for 25kg of excess baggage for technical manuals, {you try putting up a J-band SAT station with out a set of manuals}!

Anyway, if you want to hear why the Hanlin is so good, drop me a line!
TimCotterill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCotterill View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm Tim from Brisbane. I'm a network engineer, who mostly works in the developing and dangerous parts of the world.
Like Ipswich? (Honestly, it's okay, I used to live there! )

Quote:
The missus and I usually spend about 3/2 of the year OS doing various missions for the UN, EU, IMF, World Development Bank... whoever will pay the bill.
I'm going to choose to see you and your missus as suave superspies (the good "James Bond" type) from now on. Sorry, it's too late, you can't change it, it's my imagination, and I only give people read-only access.

Quote:
E-book readers so rule, I've had mine for 3 months now and it paid for it's self on it's first mission (Rwanda), because I did not have to pay for 25kg of excess baggage for technical manuals, {you try putting up a J-band SAT station with out a set of manuals}!
Okay, I will, but I'm going to need a bigger wrench...

...okay, I admit it, I have no idea what a "J-band SAT station" is...but I really like wrenches...and socket sets...and hammers, I love hammers. Can I use a hammer?

Quote:
Anyway, if you want to hear why the Hanlin is so good, drop me a line!
No, thanks. I bought an Iliad from those morons at Dymocks.

Welcome aboard the MobileRead Ride, Tim. Please, watch your head, do not try to de-ride while we are still in motion, keep your hands inside the car at all times, and hold on tight - the first dip's a doozy, and they get worse/better after that.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCotterill View Post
Hello and welcome. I guess you like adverture eh.

Anyway, how do you spend 3 halfs of the year doing something? Aren't there only 2 halfs to each year?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Anyway, how do you spend 3 halfs of the year doing something? Aren't there only 2 halfs to each year?

BOb
if you get up really early in the morning (or stay up really late at night) you can sometimes fit a third half in.

welcome to the forum, Tim. as you can see australia is well represented among our members (we go for quality more than quantity, a little Marc goes a long way. a big Marc goes all the way to eleventy ), so we hope you'll feel quite at home. congratulations on finding the right liseuse for your needs, the choice can be a bit overwhelming !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear that you've found a reader that fits your needs.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to the forum
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Welcome, oh fellow BeBook owner! May you have many hours of pleasure from your new toy, I know I have had....

Errrr... that didn't quite come out the way I meant it too.... Oh dear, Marc will have a field day with that one....
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
welcome timcotterill.

I don't think Amazon and Sony are being so much "stupid" as unable to figure out ways to get their products world wide. Enjoy your Halin, and

Stay safe.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Tim and welcome to the Forum. Don't know why Sony is so pigheaded but it sure is exasperating.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote