Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #2986
m339
m339 began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
Nevermind, found that I failed to overwrite .adds folder.
m339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #2987
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by m339 View Post
I have KA1 with SM8 & stable version of koreader-v2015.11-1370-g5ee6c01 installed on it. I would like to upgrade it to the latest beta version so I downloaded koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1868-gb8d9598_2018-10-06, extracted koreader folder to .adds and also .kobo. Rebooted the device but it still mounts the old version of koreader. Any idea what I miss ?
If you had successfully copied the koreader folder into .adds and .kobo, would you not have overwritten the old koreader version?

Edit: I see that you already discovered by yourself.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #2988
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
I've tried to install Koreader with StartMenu9 on Kobo Forma. It fails saying "irregular error". StartMenu works fine, I took a version for Kobo Clara. Is there any solution yet?
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #2989
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@hel: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/4291
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:41 AM   #2990
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think the Forma was made for KOReader support. The pdf support, the button customization, the option to disable Nickel's forced rotation. Definitely would be using this a lot once you guys get it all figured out (thanks again!)
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2018, 04:23 AM   #2991
dalamario
Enthusiast
dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: KOBO Aura HD, KOBO Aura One
I installed koreader on my kobo forma modifying "/koreader/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua" adding the following to the devices list:

Code:
-- Kobo Forma:
local KoboFrost = Kobo:new{
    model = "Kobo_frost",
    hasFrontlight = yes,
    hasKeys = yes,
    touch_probe_ev_epoch_time = true,
    touch_snow_protocol = true,
    display_dpi = 300,
    hasNaturalLight = yes,
}
To have the page turn buttons working, add "hasKeys = yes," to the above code (see bolded line) and below code to self.input event_map list:

Code:
			[193] = "RPgBack",
			[194] = "RPgFwd",
And the following on the elseif list:

Code:
elseif codename == "frost" then
    return KoboFrost
This is a simple patch, koreader is not aware of screen orientation so to have touch aligned with screen, you have to open koreader with forma buttons on the right side.

I launch it with fmon and is working fine, I suppose it will work also with KFM or KSM.

Last edited by dalamario; 11-09-2018 at 03:50 AM. Reason: added page turn buttons
dalamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #2992
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Koreader run on Kobo Forma but it has a problem with fontlight
Yangshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:04 AM   #2993
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamario View Post
I installed koreader on my kobo forma modifying "/koreader/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua" adding the following to the devices list:

Code:
-- Kobo Forma:
local KoboFrost = Kobo:new{
    model = "Kobo_frost",
    hasFrontlight = yes,
    hasKeys = yes,
    touch_probe_ev_epoch_time = true,
    touch_snow_protocol = true,
    display_dpi = 300,
    hasNaturalLight = yes,
}
To have the page turn buttons working, add "hasKeys = yes," to the above code (see bolded line) and below code to self.input event_map list:

Code:
			[193] = "RPgBack",
			[194] = "RPgFwd",
And the following on the elseif list:

Code:
elseif codename == "frost" then
    return KoboFrost
This is a simple patch, koreader is not aware of screen orientation so to have touch aligned with screen, you have to open koreader with forma buttons on the right side.

I launch it with fmon and is working fine, I suppose it will work also with KFM or KSM.
very nice work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangshuo View Post
Koreader run on Kobo Forma but it has a problem with fontlight
could you be more specific? is something not working, is the colour wrong?
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:31 AM   #2994
Yangshuo

On Forma ,Koreader hasn't fontlight.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:56 AM   #2995
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Yangshuo, I think that dalamario tested this behaviour on a old copy of KOReader (which had natural light settings of Kobo Aura One hardcoded). In that case you'll need to add:

Code:
    frontlight_settings = {
        frontlight_white = "/sys/class/backlight/lm3630a_led1b",
        frontlight_red = "/sys/class/backlight/lm3630a_led1a",
        frontlight_green = "/sys/class/backlight/lm3630a_ledb",
    },
under
Code:
hasNaturalLight = yes,
But, given the feedback of patrick-tang in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-434685667 and https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-434914153, the working settings would be

Code:
frontlight_settings = {
      frontlight_white = "/sys/class/backlight/mxc_msp430.0",
      frontlight_red = "/sys/class/backlight/tlc5947_bl",
}
again under
Code:
hasNaturalLight = yes,
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #2996
Yangshuo

Woa, fontlight turned on. Thank pazos
Old 11-10-2018, 11:56 PM   #2997
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
This should make it into tomorrow's (well, err, in 3 hours actually ) nightly, FWIW. Thanks for everyone's tests .

(Rotation is still quirky, though).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:47 AM   #2998
Uphantom89
Enthusiast
Uphantom89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have a Kobo Touch.Currently, I couldn't find "hard home button" using as next page function in the function list.
The idea is: when using kobo touch in landscape mode, the home button is at the thumb. So, I come up with an idea: Home button use as next page button ( like kindle Oasis ).
Hope that developer can consider to add this mod or is there any manual method to do this, please kindly instruct me.
Thank you in advance
Uphantom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #2999
Uphantom89
Enthusiast
Uphantom89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Next page hard button for kobo touch

After refer thread #2994, I try with my kobo touch , and bravo, Now I have Kobo touch with next page hard button - when reading in landscape mode (like kobo forma) .
Short instruction for those don't want to search:
- Open file "/koreader/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua"
- replace "home" by "RPgFwd" (at the event_map list),
- Save the file

Then you got the result

Last edited by Uphantom89; 11-12-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: add instruction
Uphantom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #3000
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uphantom89 View Post
After refer thread #2994, I try with my kobo touch , and bravo, Now I have Kobo touch with next page hard button - when reading in landscape mode (like kobo forma) .
Short instruction for those don't want to search:
- Open file "/koreader/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua"
- replace "home" by "RPgFwd" (at the event_map list),
- Save the file

Then you got the result
it would be nice if this could also work with a doubletap to go to previous page.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote