Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
Beemer2
Beemer2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Logging Emailed books

Is there any way that Calibre could provide a log of what books have been emailed?

I have found myself duplicating sends as i could not remember whether I have sent a book or not.
Beemer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer2 View Post
Is there any way that Calibre could provide a log of what books have been emailed?
If I'm unsure I look in the sent mail area of my Gmail account.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
Beemer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If I'm unsure I look in the sent mail area of my Gmail account.
Unfortunately my ISP version of Gmail does not show any Calibre sent emails
Old 05-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Unfortunately my ISP version of Gmail does not show any Calibre sent emails
What is an ISP version of Gmail?

In the sent folder it won't mention calibre. It will be from you to whoever. The subject line is always formatted as E-book: followed by the title of the book.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Glads1st
Glads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
I added a column where I can check off which books I emailed. It's not automated but it puts the information in front of me.
Glads1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glads1st View Post
I added a column where I can check off which books I emailed. It's not automated but it puts the information in front of me.
A reasonable solution, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:38 AM   #7
Beemer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
What is an ISP version of Gmail?

In the sent folder it won't mention calibre. It will be from you to whoever. The subject line is always formatted as E-book: followed by the title of the book.
My Internet Service Provider modifies the Gmail product such that I cannot use the GMAIL (or HOTMAIL) buttons of Calibre to setup and send email. I have to use my ISP server name for email. There is not a log of sent books.

I'll add a column as GladS1st suggested
Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 AM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
My Internet Service Provider modifies the Gmail product such that I cannot use the GMAIL (or HOTMAIL) buttons of Calibre to setup and send email. I have to use my ISP server name for email. There is not a log of sent books.

I'll add a column as GladS1st suggested
Is that for the ISP supplied email or all gmail accounts? If it is only the ISP supplied email then you could try opening another gmail account under a different user name.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
Glads1st
Glads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheeseGlads1st can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Glad to be of some small help. Mobilereads has provided me with a lot of helpful information.
Glads1st is offline   Reply With Quote