Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
jessicle
jessicle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD
Unhappy Kobo Glo stuck in factory reset loop

Hi guys,
My Kobo Glo (not HD) is stuck in a loop of "Critical error: Factory reset your reader" Both the tick and x lead to the same critical error screen. I have no idea what to do and have no experience with reimaging or anything, so would really love any suggestions in layman's terms. Thanks so much!
jessicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:09 AM   #2
jessicle
jessicle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD
Further to this, I recently bought a secondhand glo with a broken screen, so I could switch them out and use that kobo with my screen. I did this but it turned out that the person I bought it from had removed the sd card and forgotten to replace it, so I used mine and got the same critical error msg, making me think that i just need to reimage my card, right??
jessicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:10 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have sent a PM with the link to an image. But, there is a good chance the card is failing. It might be a good idea to use a new card.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #4
Barichello
Barichello began at the beginning.

Device: Glo HD
I'm also having this problem and need a image for the Kobo Hd

I will try searching online on how to reimage the sd card.
Also why does no one share a public link for the images? It would make things so much easier instead of having to PM dozens of people.
Barichello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barichello View Post
I'm also having this problem and need a image for the Kobo Hd

I will try searching online on how to reimage the sd card.
Also why does no one share a public link for the images? It would make things so much easier instead of having to PM dozens of people.
A quick search will show davidfor's previous responses to such suggestions. Basically, you have to realize that Kobo's firmware is Kobo's intellectual property and while they seem to ignore the private requests, placing the firmware on a public site might cause them to take action.

The other item is that requesting firmware in a random thread is not the best practice. If you check in the Kobo Developer's Corner, there is a sticky with links to the various firmware request links. This makes it easier than hoping that someone will read a random thread.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:42 PM   #6
creight43
creight43 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Same Problem as above

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have sent a PM with the link to an image. But, there is a good chance the card is failing. It might be a good idea to use a new card.
Hello, I am having the same issues as mentioned above. I am looking for a SD image as well.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
creight43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:54 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo glo, loop