Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Arrow WTB EBookwise Reader for 11 year old son

Title says it all. Will likely be a Christmas Present, but would like to get it early enough so that I can familiarize myself and get some stuff converted and loaded on it for him. Please keep me in mind if you have one and are planning on upgrading to a new reader.

Please PM or email m o m @ s i w i c k i d o t n e t (no spaces).

Thanks,
Rebecca
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hiya, Just wanted to let you know Rogue Ronin has 2 readers for sale at on this formun, but I think they are listed as Trade. Might be worth a look for you?
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
www.ebookwise.com is selling brand new 1150's for $109.95 -- that's the 8M model which will hold ~ 10 books. That should be fine for your son since it may be distracting for him to have too many books on the device at one time. If you want the model with 64M of internal memory, that's only $139.95.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:42 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can the 64MB model be used with a SmartMedia card, to give you a total of 128MB?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Harry: the EBW1150 can only handle one memory type at a time. ie: If you plug in a 64MB SM card the 8MB internal memory can no longer be accessed.

You /could/ do waht you suggest, but you would have to remove the SM card to gain access to that grouping of books. Honestly seems like too much work. <G>
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Harry: the EBW1150 can only handle one memory type at a time. ie: If you plug in a 64MB SM card the 8MB internal memory can no longer be accessed.

You /could/ do waht you suggest, but you would have to remove the SM card to gain access to that grouping of books. Honestly seems like too much work. <G>
Not to mention putting the smart card at high risk of being lost/stepped on/washed in the washing machine (ask me how I know, lol). He's careful, but he *is* 11, after all. I've pulled enough gameboy cartridges from the dryer (surprisingly, most still work!) to think that buying him a device where frequent media swaps would be a good idea .

I do know that the price of a new one is pretty reasonable, but I always like to try to pick things up used, first.
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #7
ladyghost
Enthusiast
ladyghost began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise1150
I have one for sale...

Here are the details...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55734

ladyghost is offline   Reply With Quote