Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-27-2023, 11:52 AM   #46
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.27 Qt.core plus Fix

Version 1.0.27 -2023-02-27 Qt.core. Immediate display of updated Custom Columns upon adding the new book fixed.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 01:28 PM   #47
retval
Enthusiast
retval began at the beginning.

Greetings. First of all thank you for the immense work of creating a plugin like this.
I have my collection of over 6,000 movies on an external hard drive. The name of each file contains the title and director of the movie. They are sorted in folders by decades. Still sometimes it becomes difficult to manage the collection. To view them I use Plex which aggregates the metadata.
I would like to consult you about whether it is possible with this add-on Calibre to manage this movie collection. So, for research purposes, I could cross-reference between books and movies through the metadata.
Thank you very much.
retval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 10:38 PM   #48
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retval View Post
Greetings. First of all thank you for the immense work of creating a plugin like this.
I have my collection of over 6,000 movies on an external hard drive. The name of each file contains the title and director of the movie. They are sorted in folders by decades. Still sometimes it becomes difficult to manage the collection. To view them I use Plex which aggregates the metadata.
I would like to consult you about whether it is possible with this add-on Calibre to manage this movie collection. So, for research purposes, I could cross-reference between books and movies through the metadata.
Thank you very much.
MFI is generic. Only you can design your own Calibre library to do what you want to be able to do with it, and what your workflow would be.

First of all you must define for yourself what you mean, exactly, by "manage", including the workflow that you envision. Second, you need to read the Calibre User Manual about its search functionality, virtual libraries, search-and-replace feature in Bulk Edit Metadata, "book" details configuration, etc., with a view towards how that might be useful to you.

To load your movie collection, you will need to study the MFI Original Post in detail, and answer for yourself how you would use all of the various MFI metadata types (Custom Columns, Tags, etc.) to "manage" your collection.

Especially important is how you plan to use the Dynamic Variables in MFI when you import each and every movie into Calibre.

I suggest that you create a testing library to prototype what you best guesses are about the various metadata and dynamic variables, and load some movies.

Learn from the prototyping library, delete it, and start over with a new one. Repeat as you learn what you like and dislike about each iteration.

Bottom line: learn what you both like and dislike about each different library configuration by trial-and-error using a small number of representative movies until you finally get where you want to be.

Good luck.

DaltonST
Old 05-20-2023, 10:55 PM   #49
Chrystalline
Enthusiast
Chrystalline began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Is there a way to read all the help data in one place? The main tooltip window doesn't fit on my screen for some reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	101
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	201627  
Chrystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 11:33 AM   #50
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystalline View Post
Is there a way to read all the help data in one place? The main tooltip window doesn't fit on my screen for some reason.

Apparently you don't read the Original Posts of your Plugins. MFI's has both written help and image attachments that you should have read first.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...74&postcount=1

DaltonST
Old 05-23-2023, 03:11 PM   #51
Chrystalline
Enthusiast
Chrystalline began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Apparently you don't read the Original Posts of your Plugins. MFI's has both written help and image attachments that you should have read first.
Oh, no, I read it. I just don't understand it. I am not a coder, and the thumbnail images have too much going on all at once - I can't figure out where to start. I was hoping that if I could see the whole tooltip, maybe it would help. I did figure out how to do some of what I needed, I just think it probably does a whole lot more that I can't figure out how to use.
Chrystalline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, binary, external, image, video