Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-03-2023, 03:18 PM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That depends on the author/publisher having a large assortment of devices for testing including many no longer sold by Amazon. It would work for you but not for the vast majority. An online preview with accurate emulation of the various device types would be more useful.
Yes, why can't they do it?
Why can't they have an off line preview that actually is viable? It could run on iOS & Android tablets, mac, Windows and Linux and properly simulate any Amazon device, even a Scribe, if the screen is large enough. I used to write simulators in VB6 that emulated actual VFD and LCD screens of various sizes. Sadly the VB6 elements used didn't exist in VB.net or C#, so I stopped writing those as I'd have to do the display emulation from scratch. I did look at moving to Java or QT and wrote a demo that worked on Mac, Linux and Windows Vista using Java, which followed the native desktop theme.

You exactly make my point about the need for a better preview.
You don't actually need a large assortment, but in essence you are correct, you need a selection or even a test purchase is useless.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, format, image, ipad, kindle