Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2022, 12:06 AM   #1
elmer2flp
elmer2flp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to backup or image a Kindle Touch?

I am a newbie with an old Kindle Touch. I am wondering if there is any way to make an image or backup of my entire Kindle Touch, in case it crashes and I have to migrate to contents to another Kindle Touch
elmer2flp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 04:24 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Only side loaded books will transfer — and you probably have copies of those already. Amazon purchases are DRMed to the individual Kindle and must be downloaded again from Amazon. You can take pics of the screens tho, to remember what books you had on it. But they’ll be listed in your “Devices and Contents” on Amazon too. Just not which ones were downloaded.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:29 PM   #3
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What many of us use is calibre. For backing up your kindle I don't think you'll need the NoDRM or DeDRM plugin (removes the Kindle copy protection) in order to copy the books into calibre. Once you have your books in calibre you could then copy them to a new Kindle, but I'm guessing that you'd need to remove their copy protection first, or go Deb's route and use the Devices and Contents web page.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup, image, kindle touch