Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-13-2019, 03:02 AM   #1936
Steven Karp
Enthusiast
Steven Karp began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10 Tablet / Calibre or Nexus 9 / Moon+
Perhaps I'm missing something, or maybe I'm just too used to Calibre Companion.

I was hoping this plugin would be bi-directional. In other words, once I put books on my reader, I expected that changes would be reflected in Calibre the next time I synced the device.

To make that a little clearer: my normal usage is to keep a "Current Reading List" in Calibre. I've set up the plugin so that anything on that list also gets added to a "Current Reading List" collection on the device when I add or update the book via the plugin. Then, when I finish the book, I remove it from the reader's collection. I'd like to have the removal reflected in Calibre automatically, so the books drop off the Calibre list at the next sync.

Have I misunderstood the functionality, or is there something I've misconfigured?

(Don't get me wrong: I'm not complaining, even if the transfer only goes one way. The plugin is still very useful and I'll just adjust my usage patterns a bit.)
Steven Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:05 AM   #1937
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't think any of the device drivers work like that. This, or the KoboTouch driver, definitely do not. And, they don't make any updates to your library when the device is connected. The books on the device will be matched to the books in the library and shown in the device list, but nothing else.

Or, did you mean to post this in the Reading List plugin thread? That can automatically send books to a device. And update a list based on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #1938
Steven Karp
Enthusiast

I was completely unaware of the Reading List plugin. Sounds like exactly what I need. Thank you!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #1939
MelBr
Zealot
MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Aura One
Does anyone know why I cannot find this plugin through Calibre's "Plugins" pane? I just did a fresh install of Calibre on a new computer and this plugin was the first thing I wanted to get setup. If I type in Kobo or KoboTouchExtended, it's just not in the search results.How do I install it now?

Thanks!
MelBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #1940
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBr View Post
Does anyone know why I cannot find this plugin through Calibre's "Plugins" pane? I just did a fresh install of Calibre on a new computer and this plugin was the first thing I wanted to get setup. If I type in Kobo or KoboTouchExtended, it's just not in the search results.How do I install it now?

Thanks!
Preferences Get Plugins: Not installed does not work (internet connected required)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:00 PM   #1941
MelBr
Zealot
MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MelBr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preferences Get Plugins: Not installed does not work (internet connected required)
I don't see it.

I've also searched for "extended" and "kobo" but it's not there. So weird.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:06 PM   #1942
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBr View Post
I don't see it.

I've also searched for "extended" and "kobo" but it's not there. So weird.
You need to install it before you can configure it - go into Get New Plugins

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:10 PM   #1943
MelBr
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You need to install it before you can configure it - go into Get New Plugins

BR
Oh boy... it's been a while. Thank you! This is one of the things about calibre that's so confusing at times. Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:59 PM   #1944
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I didn't think that was possible with the last set of changes in the driver. Removing the file "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py.json" from the configuration directory will probably fix it. But, you might need to remove "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py" as well and do the configuration from scratch.
Thanks! I haven't been checking the forum since a long time ago but this fixed the my problem on a first generation H2O.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #1945
kyotocafe
kyotocafe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Hi,

I am getting this error when trying to send a book from calibre to my Kobo Forma:

Failed to parse 'Kimi no Iru Machi' by 'Kouji Seo' with error: 'Zipfile size would require ZIP64 extensions' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.common, line: 199)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 594, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 399, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2099, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 291, in _modify_epub
InvalidEPub: Failed to parse 'Kimi no Iru Machi' by 'Kouji Seo' with error: 'Zipfile size would require ZIP64 extensions' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.common, line: 199)
kyotocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:29 AM   #1946
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Your book must be over 4GB in size. Calibre disables ZIP64 extensions by default and there's nothing I can hook into to change that as far as I can see. You'll need to file a big against calibre at https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre to either change that default or expose a way for plugins to enable ZIP64.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #1947
kyotocafe
kyotocafe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
I see, thank you so much for looking into this.

I'll file the bug.
kyotocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #1948
Steven Karp
Enthusiast

I just upgraded Calibre to 4.6 and apparently I now have to re-install this plugin. Unfortunately, when I try, I get an error:
Code:
calibre, version 4.6.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 725, in _install_clicked
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 201, in load
  File "site-packages\polyglot\builtins.py", line 186, in reload
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 185, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 9, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
Am I doing something incredibly stupid, or is there an actual problem here?
Old 12-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #1949
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As bad as it might sound, I really wish I could say that you were doing something incredibly stupid. This seems to happen to some people with this plugin. The most common time seems to be just after a calibre update. I don't know why it happens and have never seen it happen here to be able to investigate. Usually, restarting calibre solves the problem.

I don't remember this being reported for anything other than Windows. That means it could the "usual" problem of the anti-virus getting in the way. I have no idea how that would work as it has read the plugin file, but, aren't all problems on Windows are cause by either a virus or the anti-virus program? Excluding the calibre configuration directory from checking might help. And probably can't harm.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #1950
Steven Karp
Enthusiast

I like the way you phrased that. I may have to steal it for my job. "As bad as it might sound, I really hope you don't come back tomorrow."

Anyway, you called it: I restarted Calibre and tried the re-installation again. Worked perfectly and I'm back to loading books onto my Kobo. Thanks for the help and the great tool.

Tags
error, kobo aura one