Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
I can always use things that make it more clear. Thanks.

And thanks for the clarification on .fb2. Didn't realize it was generally to force ALL formats (that CR understands).

So, the next logical question is how do I determine which formats are already targeted by Jinke for CR (if there are any, yet)? No sense in spending time adding .fb2 to formats already targeted.

Thanks again.
This seems to change from release to release and they never seem to say. FB2 is always CR so it is the safest extension to use. You can easily see CR start with a gear image so the best way to determine this is to just try a format and see if CR starts. At one point TXT and HTML was targeted to CR but CR doesn't support Chinese fonts so Astak removed it and went back to the standard Viewing format. At least that is the reason I was told.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #17
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Ahhh. The old "taste it and see" technique. Well, that is simple enuff. Having been a bit of a stick-in-the-mud and not tried any other FW, I hadn't seen the gear graphic. I had only just updated to the most recent Astak PPro FW that would have had CR when my screen suffered an apparent spontaneous comBUST (don't remember stepping or sitting on it), so hadn't gotten around to any experimenting.

FedEx sez my PPro is on the truck for delivery today, so I'll write out the instructions on my hand with a sharpie and hope I catch on before I wash my hands enuff times to erase it, lol.

Thanks.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #18
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
No, I have never seen this problem on a v3 or V3+. There is no problem in the Plus that I have detected. I have yet to see it get off of full charge and I have been using it about a week now.

Dale
Ooooh...that makes it so tempting now...
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #19
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
One more question. Is the battery user replaceable like it is on the Pocket Pro?
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #20
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Yep, apparently the same Nokia-compatible battery like the previous version.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Nice to know and thanks for the review and responses. And I think I have one other question, hopefully the last one. Are the numbers/symbols etched into the buttons or pressed on?
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post
Nice to know and thanks for the review and responses. And I think I have one other question, hopefully the last one. Are the numbers/symbols etched into the buttons or pressed on?
Nobody does inlay or hot-stamp keyboards any more (typing on a 1998 vintage IBM keyboard that is printed, not stamped).
I handle 1000's of keyboards, worn off markings/smooth keytops are quite common . Even on multi $1,000, NCR, Dyna-Key POS terminals.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #23
Skyblue
Skyblue doesn't litterSkyblue doesn't litter

Device: Iliad
Hi there,

I also got the new EZ Reader and was wondering if the usb cable that came with your device, and in particular the end of it that fits into the ezreader, fits in loosely? Mine seems to fall out of the ezreader with any movement and I have real trouble connecting the device to the computer. It takes multiple trys to get it going and then sometimes, it doesn't even show up at all. My reader has been fully charged when I've been trying to connect and all other usb devices work fine with my computer. I really just wondered if you have experienced any of these problems and if the fit of your usb cable is loose as well?

Cheers
Skyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue View Post
Hi there,

I also got the new EZ Reader and was wondering if the usb cable that came with your device, and in particular the end of it that fits into the ezreader, fits in loosely? Mine seems to fall out of the ezreader with any movement and I have real trouble connecting the device to the computer. It takes multiple trys to get it going and then sometimes, it doesn't even show up at all. My reader has been fully charged when I've been trying to connect and all other usb devices work fine with my computer. I really just wondered if you have experienced any of these problems and if the fit of your usb cable is loose as well?

Cheers
The plug will seat with a firm "Snap". (see that little dimple on the plug?)
Press in, with more "firmness"
Note: Looking AT the "back" of the PEz (removed from cover), you can still see some of the plug metal, but the plug plastic is just inside the "pocket".
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote