Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2008, 02:29 AM   #16
bostonte
Enthusiast
bostonte began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thank you for tying this together and posting it.

Very helpful. Just what I was looking for.

Easy to follow the script. I changed it to prompt for the Title and Author to use. File names on my computer are much different than how I want them on the Kindle.

To people confused why this exists, give it a try. I've been doing the same thing using some of the Windows software under Parallels. If you're trying to read text in a PDF image (i.e. a scanned document that you didn't do OCR on) the level and density corrections make a BIG difference. Line drawings / schematics are much easier to see as well.
bostonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:23 AM   #17
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Whoa ... my mac can do perl?
If I don't post in 24h, I will have foobar'd my macbook pro!

Thanks for this post!

@bostonte ... would you mind sharing the changes you did so that you can add in the author and title?
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #18
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Well, my mac isn't foobar-ed, but it isn't willing to do perl either. I installed perl (with several pre-requisites first) but it can't find HTML::TreeBuilder and I can't find TreeBuilder with grep either. I have a subset of the HTML files, or something.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #19
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Well, my mac isn't foobar-ed, but it isn't willing to do perl either. I installed perl (with several pre-requisites first) but it can't find HTML::TreeBuilder and I can't find TreeBuilder with grep either. I have a subset of the HTML files, or something.
If it works as on an ordinary Unix you do

perl -MCPAN -e shell

and follow the instructions. Then search for the missing packages using i /TreeBuilder/ for example and install it with "install HTML::TreeBuilder". The mobiperl web page lists all packages you need to install.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #20
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If it works as on an ordinary Unix you do

perl -MCPAN -e shell

and follow the instructions. Then search for the missing packages using i /TreeBuilder/ for example and install it with "install HTML::TreeBuilder". The mobiperl web page lists all packages you need to install.
Thanks for that tip --- it got me a lot further. I downloaded and installed quite a lot of packages. But eventually there were two it just wouldn't compile correctly -- GD was one of them. So I gave up, and took your mobiperl PC executables to a nigh-forsaken PC. Worked GREAT there! Thanks for the tool.

P.S. to mac people - a few of the other scripts floating around are in python. THAT downloaded and ran with no problems on my mac. So do try those, at least!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert