Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
How to upgrade portable 0.8.4 ?

hi,

I installed Calibre on a USB stick as described (http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/portable.html) by copying the Program Files\Calibre2 folder to a folder on the USB stick and creating the 2 extra folders.

Using the 'calibre-0.8.5.msi' installer I now try to upgrade that version, but can not choose the USB E: drive as target ? When I type in the path (E:\Calibre\Calibre2) this message pops up :
"Installation directory must be on a local hard drive."

or should I just use the new portable version I read about ???
and can I rename the already existing "CalibreLibrary" and "CalibreConfig" folders to "Calibre Library" and "Calibre Settings" respectively ?

Last edited by Goner; 06-11-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Instructions for updating the portable install are on the portable download page.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #3
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
Yes, I noticed.
But I'm not sure how to read this :

replace the "Calibre Library" and "Calibre Settings" folders in your new download with the same folders from you old calibre portable.

does that mean that I have to rename the existing 0.8.4 folders "CalibreLibrary" and "CalibreConfig" ? or doesn't it matter how the 2 folders are called ?
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes .
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote