Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #61
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Well, it's weekend - maybe we should wait for the Monday at least.
What?!

It's the weekend, so what? It's already been FOUR days waiting on one person. Let's go ahead and move to the next person and then he can pick back up at the end if he decides to join back in. You know, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and all that. There are twenty people waiting and we're waiting all this time for one person?

You guys do what you want. I know dadalo is a regular on here and I'm sure there's a good reason and all but it seems like we're allowing an inordinate amount of time for an obviously stalled thread.

Again, just my two cents.

- Byron

Last edited by bfollowell; 02-23-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #62
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
You guys do what you want. I know dadalo is a regular on here and I'm sure there's a good reason and all but it seems like we're allowing an inordinate amount of time for an obviously stalled thread.

Again, just my two cents.

- Byron
And has been on here daily. Again this morning, as well as yesterday. Must have notifications shut off, not to see all the PM's sent, I suspect.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #63
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
What's the rush people? Got nothing else to read? Dadalo will no doubt check in sooner or later, and we have a while before cutoff date.
Back to my book now......
Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #64
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
What's the rush people? Got nothing else to read? Dadalo will no doubt check in sooner or later, and we have a while before cutoff date.
Back to my book now......
That's easy to say if you're at the front of the line or have already gotten a gift code. If you're at the back of a long line of people, not so much. I mean, if everyone took four days to respond, that cut-off date would come up pretty quickly. And when you're in on something like this, just to be honest, it really is sort of inconsiderate to the others. I mean, personally, I don't consider four full days rushing.

I'm sure he isn't being intentionally inconsiderate and that there is likely a very good reason.

I'll go read something else and wait patiently.

Last edited by bfollowell; 02-23-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #65
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
If I'm reading it right, I'm almost at the head of the line - I believe it goes Dadalo, Mobmind, and then me.

I have to admit that I'd like it to be moving a bit faster. I always have this fear that I'm going to mess it up somehow and break the chain and the sooner I get the code the sooner I can get past that and stop worrying about it.

On the other hand, we've got more than a month and a half, so there really isn't any reason to worry at this point.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #66
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
A month and a half? I'm not so worried now, then. I remember what happened to me with the April code. I spilled a large cup of water on my notebook computer. Fast reactions (flipping it upside down, hitting the power button and pull the plug) saved it, but I had the thing upside down and drying for three days. Of course, someone asked me for the code, which I'd had for about a week right about the time I went computerless.

I do hope we see some action soon, though.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #67
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Hm, dadalo was in 10 hours ago. I just thought that there could be all kinds of occasions in the real life to keep people away from the computers, but next week and new workday should put an end to that. Now I think he must have forgot this thread.

Makes me a bit suspicious: if you get so much PM-s that you have to turn off notifications, what are you doing wrong? Then again, could be device thing, not everybody uses PC for the quick look-see.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #68
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
OK, if he/she has been on site but just not looking, how about we skip over for the moment and he/she can join in again at the end. So, if the person before would like to pm the person after with the code, that should work.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #69
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Exclamation

I have sent the new code to gweeks, the originator of the thread, who can make a decision on what to do.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #70
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
dadalo hasn't responded to my PM even though the system says he's been on. I've PMed the code from GeckoFriend to mobmind. I hope the code is still good. If dadalo comes back he can add himself to the end of the chain.

Greg Weeks
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #71
dadalo
Connoisseur
dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.dadalo is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
Code received and redeemed, thanks.
Code forwarded to mobmind.

-dadalo
Old 02-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #72
bfollowell
Fanatic

Welcome back dadalo.

I hope all is well with you.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #73
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Yay for forward movement.

Currently I have the chain as

mobmind Has the code
lemurion
hwlester
edicius
piperclassique
koland
kildar
Auricle
Mare of Earth
camiller
Master.Mind
scottken
elcreative ?
bfollowell
travger
wizzard
ludovicus
colleenFL
badbilly
chatynette
ossidiana
Old 02-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #74
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Yay for forward movement.

Currently I have the chain as

mobmind Has the code

Last Activity: 02-18-2013 08:08 PM
Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #75
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
PM sent to ossidiana
Closed Thread