Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Ballantyne, R.M.: The Gorilla Hunters [Illus.]. v1. 28 Dec 08

mtravellerh and I have a liking for the works of R.M. Ballantyne. I worked on 5 of his books earlier in my career and then got side-tracked .

Then....along comes this "upstart" and he tells me he, too, enjoys Ballantyne's work. However, he's doing the real work - making them available in both imp and prc formats for MobileRead, whereas I'm doing the lrf (Sony) version. Our versions have illustrations - very nice ones, by the way. Our covers differ and, of course, our overall "look" differs between our formats.

mtravellerh will be doing all Ballantyne's remaining works - in all the popular formats, including Sony; whereas, I'll be working on a similar author's remaining volumes - and also continuing my work on the unusual, the absurd; and also - as always - working on hard-hitting, gut-wrenching noir pulp fiction!

As mtravellerh writes:

"This might well be MobileRead's first split edition. Don(Dr.Drib) will post the LRF version, while I'll do the IMP and PRC versions.

"As you might have seen in my postings, I took quite a liking in the man Ballantyne and will continue posting his books (there are a lot of them online)"

Here's the link for his prc version:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34952

Here's the link for his imp version:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34953

I hope you enjoy them. mtravellerh's prc version looks great, but I don't have any imp software to look at that version, but I'm sure it also looks wonderful.

Like all the books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Ballantyne, R.M. - The Gorilla Hunters.lrf (1.52 MB, 793 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote