Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-26-2022, 06:21 AM   #1
velocet
velocet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Full Text Search in Calibre Server

I am delighted that the latest version of Calibre Server now also supports the full text search feature.

Two small improvements would be highly welcome:

First, the full text search pages seem to miss the usual header with a close icon to navigate back to the library's main page:

Of course, it's possible to use the browser's back button, but a dedicated header seems more in line with the rest of the UI.

Second, right now only the book's thumbnail is displayed. Would it be possible to add a text field with the books title as well? Sometimes, the thumbnail might not be distinctive.

Cheers,
Achim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 11.56.30.png
Views:	208
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	198595  
velocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 07:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The header bar not being visible was a bug fixed for the next re,ease. I'm afraid I am not going to add the title/author. It takes up space for everyone, most of whom do not suffer the problem of indistinct covers. And the full title and author is available as a tooltip.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2022, 05:38 AM   #3
velocet
velocet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The header bar not being visible was a bug fixed for the next re,ease. I'm afraid I am not going to add the title/author. It takes up space for everyone, most of whom do not suffer the problem of indistinct covers. And the full title and author is available as a tooltip.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Glad to learn that the missing header bar is an already fixed issue. I guess I can live without a title; admittedly I did not have the mobile device use-case in mind with its more stringent space limitations.

Cheers,
Achim
velocet is offline   Reply With Quote