Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #1
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
is ONYX BOOX I86ML/M96+/T68+ worth spending that much money?

Hi

I am a C67ML owner, I generally like it except the small battery.

So I am thinking to get a bigger scren reader too and my options are M96 and i86ML and maybe T68+ which offers good resolution jump.

Now it looks like none of the M96s have backlight which sucks because I wont be able to use it in bed. Also M96C does not offer the pen. However one thing that seems to be appealing is the existing bluetooth support with the M96.

So I am wondering if you recommend one over the other in general use device.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur
DoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmos

Device: T68 Lynx, T68+
I've got a T68 with a T68 plus on order. I needed a device with Bluetooth that I could convert into a tablet, so I could run OruxMaps and pair with a Bluetooth GPS receiver. I needed to be able to use my fingers (not just a stylus) to use it.

So far I'm generally happy except the T68 needs more CPU power and more room for apps. I have remapped the front button to be a Home button because the tiny Home icon is too fiddly to use on a regular basis. I am using the device as an e-book reader with a variety of software: AlReader, Orion Viewer, EbookDroid.

When the T68 plus arrives, I'll compare the two. I expect no performance difference, but at least more room for apps.
That's my $0.05 worth! Cheers, Warren
DoctorWkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #3
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Hi

I am a C67ML owner, I generally like it except the small battery.

So I am thinking to get a bigger scren reader too and my options are M96 and i86ML and maybe T68+ which offers good resolution jump.

Now it looks like none of the M96s have backlight which sucks because I wont be able to use it in bed. Also M96C does not offer the pen. However one thing that seems to be appealing is the existing bluetooth support with the M96.

So I am wondering if you recommend one over the other in general use device.
Why don't you buy a Xperia Z3 tablet instead? With an antiglare screen protector and controlling backlight with Lux app you can read hours without harming your eyes.

I have a T68 and an M96 and in both cases hardware is awful.

Last edited by kuskro; 10-14-2015 at 11:11 AM.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro View Post
Why don't you buy a Xperia Z3 tablet instead? With an antiglare screen protector and controlling backlight with Lux app you can read hours without harming your eyes.

I have a T68 and an M96 and in both cases hardware is awful.
I have multiple tablets already. I just like Eink devices over tablets. Also the tablets are plain awful to use outside.

Last edited by loviedovie; 10-14-2015 at 04:02 PM.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote