Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-18-2013, 04:41 AM   #16
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
If the pdf is a scanned book, you may use Scan Tailor to process the images and produce a much better image for e-book use.

Otherwise there is also Briss which does a good job if the original pdf is quite good.
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #17
Fourl29
Connoisseur
Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
anyone know if there's a way for preview in os x to actually save the cropped pdf just like that, that is cropped. It offers a simple and quick way to crop pages, but apparently it only presents them as cropped on os x, it doesn't save the file with the pages actually cropped, so as soon as you open it with another piece of software, the pages are still intact. A big letdown as it makes the feature nearly useless.

As Ray Chandler famously said, that when I split an infinitive, God damn it, I split it so it will stay split. When I crop a pdf, god damn it, I crop it so it stays cropped.
Fourl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert