Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Libresco contact info, and buying with cash?

Hi,
After watching the discussions about battery life, and appearance of messages which are promising for future updates to battery life, I've decided to go ahead and buy a DR1000s.
The trouble is; a credit card and a stable address is too much to ask for a PhD student who has just moved to London. Being an impulsive guy, I'd love to be able to purchase the device with cash. My credit card will not be accepted probably since it is not issued in UK.
Libresco's contact form gives me a nice error (guess they are not fond of being contacted a lot...). So I ask for you help, how do I buy the reader in London under these circumstances? Any ideas? (I can ask a friend to place an order, but in case anything goes wrong, they'll be the legal customer, and I'd rather not bother them with my problems..)

Best Regards
Seref
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Well I just emailed them. Their email is on their website and they were always quick with their replies which is why I got the dr1000 from them.
It shouldn't matter where your credit card is issued though provided you enter all the appropriate details.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
sarikan
Zealot

Uh, it appears I am more tired than I consider myself to be. I'll re-check the order form, but if I'm not mistaken it says your shipping address should be the same on the card.
But again, I am not having the brightest days ever, better check it out again.

Thanks & Kind regards
Seref
Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarikan View Post
Uh, it appears I am more tired than I consider myself to be. I'll re-check the order form, but if I'm not mistaken it says your shipping address should be the same on the card.

Thanks & Kind regards
Seref
They are saying (if they said what you quoted) is that the billing address on the card should be the same, not the address when the card was issued or the address of the company that issued the card. If the billing address isn't your current address how do you receive and pay the bill?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
They are saying (if they said what you quoted) is that the billing address on the card should be the same, not the address when the card was issued or the address of the company that issued the card. If the billing address isn't your current address how do you receive and pay the bill?

Dale
Often For international students, the Bill for foreign cards may be being sent to their foreign permanent address. It usually means less chance of it being lost or stolen in many cases where the postal system is not the best.

I do have similar cards whose hard copy bills go to my address in India.

As for Paying, most banks offer online access and management, and it is s lot easier to use that.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:

Thanks & Kind regards
Seref
Have you opened a UK bank account yet?

If so you could easily use the debit card that is provided as standard on any account in the uk.

If not, just get a letter from your Uni and open an account. Often banks have special deals with universities so it may be worth asking about at the Union.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
sarikan
Zealot

Hi bbusybookworm,
I've just finished the registration process today, and the bank will be the first thing in the morning
Thanks to all for kind and helpful messages. Great community indeed!

Kind regards
Seref
Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Hi bbusybookworm,
I've just finished the registration process today, and the bank will be the first thing in the morning
Thanks to all for kind and helpful messages. Great community indeed!

Kind regards
Seref
Glad to hear that. Just keep in mind that with it being the busy season, with so many new applications from Uni Students, it can often take them a little longer then normal to process everything.

The main reason I asked was that it was one of the first things I did when I arrived here, and I needed an account to transfer money into

Plus, having to pay the extra charges (Exchange & fees) on using a foreign credit card is no fun

Hope you can get what you want and enjoy your course
Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
sarikan
Zealot

For anyone who may be interested, I have contacted Libresco today, via phone, and they have been really helpful.
I've ordered a unit with next day delivery, and hopefully I'll be switching to a new way of work, one which I've been dreaming about for quite some time. I have really high hopes for e-ink, I do not want to print up to thousands of pages each month (yes, that's the amount I print) anymore.
Fingers crossed.
Thanks a lot to this great community once more, and let's hope the experience gets better for all of us in the future.

Kind regards
Seref
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
Krishirex
Krishirex began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Excellent news

Libresco is REALLY good, I am getting my DR tomorrow as well. You will certainly save a lot of trees if that is how much you print ! I think people in UK would be much better off ordering from Libresco to avoid Irex hassles.
Krishirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Got mine from Libresco as they went out of their way to answer all my dumb questions and with a quick response. I would definitely recommend them.

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote