Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.8.2 Released

Info and packages.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I tried to compile it on Linux Mint. The following specs:
- CMake 3.1.0-rc2
- Qt 5.3.2
- gcc/g++ 4.6.3

During the 'make install' I get the following error at 69% (Building CXX object src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/main.cpp.o):
Code:
In file included from /home/toxaris/sigil-0.8.2/src/src/Sigil/BookManipulation/FolderKeeper.h:41:0,
                 from /home/toxaris/sigil-0.8.2/src/src/Sigil/MainUI/FindReplace.h:31,
                 from /home/toxaris/sigil-0.8.2/src/src/Sigil/MainUI/MainWindow.h:39,
                 from /home/toxaris/sigil-0.8.2/src/src/Sigil/main.cpp:38:
/home/toxaris/sigil-0.8.2/src/src/Sigil/ResourceObjects/OPFResource.h:197:17: error: ‘<::’ cannot begin a template-argument list [-fpermissive]
/home/toxaris/sigil-0.8.2/src/src/Sigil/ResourceObjects/OPFResource.h:197:17: note: ‘<:’ is an alternate spelling for ‘[’. Insert whitespace between ‘<’ and ‘::’
/home/toxaris/sigil-0.8.2/src/src/Sigil/ResourceObjects/OPFResource.h:197:17: note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’ G++ will accept your code)
/home/toxaris/sigil-0.8.2/src/src/Sigil/ResourceObjects/OPFResource.h:198:20: error: ‘<::’ cannot begin a template-argument list [-fpermissive]
/home/toxaris/sigil-0.8.2/src/src/Sigil/ResourceObjects/OPFResource.h:198:20: note: ‘<:’ is an alternate spelling for ‘[’. Insert whitespace between ‘<’ and ‘::’
make[2]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/main.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Advert
Old 11-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #3
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I tried to compile it on Linux Mint. The following specs:
- CMake 3.1.0-rc2
- Qt 5.3.2
- gcc/g++ 4.6.3

During the 'make install' I get the following error at 69% (Building CXX object src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/sigil.dir/main.cpp.o):....
Interesting. That was introduced due to the c++11 requirement. You'll probably need to upgrade but I think I can work around it. Though there won't be a new source release. Pull from trunk in about 15 minutes and try.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I get that error on anything less than gcc 4.8 (or there abouts). I just add -fpermissive to the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS on those systems.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will update my gcc. I just pulled it from the repository. I hate it when the repositories are not updated, especially on basic programs like these. Oh well...
Advert
Old 11-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
user_none

Sorry but we made the move to support c++11 features and older versions of gcc just don't support a lot of them.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:29 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard

No problem. Perhaps the install document should be updated so the minimum releases for these tools are mentioned. Expecting the distributions to update common tools is too much to ask...
Old 11-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #8
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Perhaps the install document should be updated so the minimum releases for these tools are mentioned.
I've added a paragraph stating the requirements for C++11 being required and gave a list of minimum compilers versions that are known to work.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Luckily ArchLinux has gcc4.9.2 so it all went beatifully smoothly. Flagged it out of date last night, this morning found a repo update.

Thanks for the update!
Old 11-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #10
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I've added a paragraph stating the requirements for C++11 being required and gave a list of minimum compilers versions that are known to work.
Great, I hope it will help others.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #11
manon123
Enthusiast
manon123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Thank you. Very good job.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #12
lfTur0vich
lfTur0vich began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Just downloaded and started using Sigil and like what I see. So much so that I spent the afternoon revising the Sigil User Guide to support 0.8.2 and am wondering where I can upload it to help others?

Basically it was simple things like:
- added reworded changelog revisions since 0.7.2 release. Let me know if some of them are incorrect or imply something different than what the changelog said. Always a challenge to convert programmerize into proper English.
- updated Installation section to reflect minimal OS requirements and download names
- added content for Preserved Entities and Plugins preference panels

That's about it. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Upload it here, or submit a pull request at https://github.com/user-none/Sigil/tree/master/docs I would say.

Perhaps the docs should be unpacked in the source for easier editing and stuff.

@user_none, you can even make a gh-pages branch containing the docs and a homepage and stuff. If it isn't too much work.
Could help you totally leave googlecode behind.
Closed Thread