Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #466
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
*deleted double post*

Last edited by Lemurion; 12-20-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #467
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
So I narrowed down my two missing books to two books that got "transferred", but weren't in my FW library (one being LotR). So I figure both titles were somehow mis-coded in their transfer stuff and I sent them a detailed email spelling things out hoping that would take care of it.

Their response below shows that they don't appear to have even read my message...
Quote:
Dear Brian,

Thank you for writing to us about the recent notification we sent regarding your Fictionwise.com, eReader.com or eBookwise.com account.

If you have specific questions regarding the transfer of your eBooks to a NOOK® Library, we provided FAQs which you can access by clicking on this link:

http://www.fictionwise.com/BN-Transition-FAQ.htm

If you need further assistance, we have a special toll-free number, 855-654-9332, and our agents are available Monday-Friday 8AM-11PM ET, Saturdays and Sundays 9AM-11PM ET.

We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely,

Kent
Customer Service Representative - Digital Support
Barnes & Noble
http://www.bn.com/
Visit our NOOK Support site for the latest updates and downloads at:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/support/
Can't get a much more generic non-response than that.
They aren't even trying.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #468
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You've almost certainly got "The Two Towers" in place of LoTR. That's what's happened to everyone else.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #469
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
So I narrowed down my two missing books to two books that got "transferred", but weren't in my FW library (one being LotR). So I figure both titles were somehow mis-coded in their transfer stuff and I sent them a detailed email spelling things out hoping that would take care of it.

Their response below shows that they don't appear to have even read my message...

Can't get a much more generic non-response than that.
They aren't even trying.
They have yet to transfer my books after waiting a month and those are the exact responses when I ask about it. Their customer service has left a lot to be desired. I didn't even expect the books to be transferred, but they are the ones that offered to do it and then completely screwed it up and give me total canned answers when I inquire about it. I've already sold my Nook Color and Tablet and my Classic will probably be next. I have a Nexus 7 and all my books unlocked so I have no need to do business with B&N again.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #470
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You've almost certainly got "The Two Towers" in place of LoTR. That's what's happened to everyone else.
Yes, I did. But giving the fact that I'm only missing one other book and also have a book I never bought I assume it's an issue similar to the LotR/Two Towers issue. I had hoped that providing them detailed info about both would garner me more of a response than a generic reply that doesn't address the issue at all.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #471
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes, I did. But giving the fact that I'm only missing one other book and also have a book I never bought I assume it's an issue similar to the LotR/Two Towers issue. I had hoped that providing them detailed info about both would garner me more of a response than a generic reply that doesn't address the issue at all.
I also have a book I never bought.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #472
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
So - an email from Nook to me in the UK. But it just says they have stopped for the year and to look for more activity next year. Mainly curiosity from my perspective, as I have all the books safely backed up, bit it is certainly a protracted exercise. I wonder if it is completely manual?
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #473
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've just got an email from NOOK <barnesandnoble@m.bn.com> too, quoted below.

It seems that UK customers don't have to do any entering of codes, just make a nook UK account with the same registered email address as the fictionwise account.

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for opting to transfer your Fictionwise or eReader Bookshelf to a NOOK Library.

We will continue the transfer process in the New Year, by delivering your transferrable titles directly to your new NOOK Library. If you have already created an account at NOOK.co.uk, then you do not need to do anything more in this process as any transferrable remaining titles will appear automatically in your NOOK Library.

If you have not already done so, please create an account at NOOK.co.uk by January 31, 2013. Please note that we cannot transfer titles until you have created your NOOK UK account and the account you create must use the email associated with your Fictionwise or eReader account. The sooner you create your NOOK UK account the sooner we will be able to populate your NOOK Library in the New Year. When you create your new NOOK UK account, you will be asked for a credit card. A credit card is required to access some secured titles. Please note, however, that your credit card will not be charged for any of the titles that you transferred from Fictionwise, nor for the transfer itself.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to serving you.

Thank you.

The NOOK Team
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #474
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I finally got my access code. Check your inbox and your spam folder -- they re-sent some access codes because people were contacting them about not getting their codes.

A lot of books tranferred over, including stuff I forgot I had. I'm sure some of them were eBookwise editions, so I didn't expect them to be "saved." Now my poor little Nook Touch is going to run out of space again. I might have to try sideloading the titles onto the card and then archiving them. Or maybe I'll have to start using the Nook Color more. And the Nook app on the iPad will have ... all sorts of interesting stuff. From Nero mysteries to a couple of adult Westerns to true crime to SF and fantasy and series romance, erotic romance, and paranormal romance, and some Star Trek books. Oh, and a novel in poetry form.

I won't have to buy another eBook for the next year! Yeah, right!!!

I am befuddled by this one:
"Your pre-order will be available January 1, 2035."
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #475
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've just got an email from NOOK <barnesandnoble@m.bn.com> too, quoted below.

It seems that UK customers don't have to do any entering of codes, just make a nook UK account with the same registered email address as the fictionwise account.
I got this too, though I'd already created an account but wasn't asked for a credit card...
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #476
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I won't have to buy another eBook for the next year! Yeah, right!!!
As if... Chances are, like me, you won't be able to resist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I am befuddled by this one:
"Your pre-order will be available January 1, 2035."
I saw that as well.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #477
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I also had a "pre-order" to be filled in 2035. I called them about it, and they said they are working on the problems. I checked, and I also noticed that the B/N site doesn't show the title as being available electronically, yet obviously it is - or was previously. Fortunately, I've already read it, and of course I still have my Fictionwise copy.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #478
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
No code for me either, though I can't say I'm surprised since I just opted in a few days ago.

I had problems downloading a LOT of my books while I was trying to back everything up--random "this title is not available at this time" and "error communicating with retail site" and the like. I wrote Fictionwise customer service, not expecting a response but more just to vent, and darned if they didn't somehow magically get those 67 books back for me so that I could download them!

Only one of them couldn't be reactivated, and it was a bit of chick lit I won't really miss anyway (I'm a Fantasy and Sci Fi girl, so why was I buying stuff from Sophie Kinsella?) While I still hope that I eventually get a code. so that I can get all of my several hundred eReader and Fictionwise books into my Nook library, I won't turn blue from holding my breath--now it's a matter of convenience rather than necessity.
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #479
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtai View Post
I got this too, though I'd already created an account but wasn't asked for a credit card...
Me too, maybe we don't need a credit card until we want to buy a book or download one. I have a Kindle so an account at Nook is really more of a nice to have rather than a necessity. I'll wait until I actually get books in my library before I decide if I want to invest in a nook ereader, but it would be nice to have options other than Amazon.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #480
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Well, I called them last week because I still hadn't got my code. They said a supervisor would call back in the next two days (Thursday or Friday of last week). No one did. So I called again tonight and got exactly the same story.

Wonder if they will actually call?
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote