Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #16
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Maybe it's Hitle.. uh, Sata... uh, Obam... uh wait...

Maybe it's AT&T's fault.

Seriously, I've tweaked every button, knob and handle my router has. I'm seriously starting to think AT&T is eating my books for some reason. Maybe they are monitoring my reading list and don't want me to... Hey, did that sound like a black helicopter to you?
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Solved!
By: Own Self.

At some point, I had changed my Routers MTU to 1500, Kindle no like. I went into the routers portal, blanked out the value, hit save to reset to the default (14 something).

Happy land.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #18
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Ah, I was going to mention that because someone said changing it from 1480 to 1500 worked for them but 1500 is not a correct setting so I didn't mention it.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #19
travis
Enthusiast
travis has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Ipod Touch 3G, 10" Acer Netbook, Kindle 3
Any other workaround?

I have run into this problem with the MTU setting frequently during my travels. I can browse the web but can't get downloaded Kindle content.

I am traveling in Mexico right now, and the last hotel I was at had this problem and the condo where I am staying now has it. The default settings for the new router (purchased this Spring) in my USA home also had this problem (netgear, I think) and I had to manually override it.

It is not an n vs. g problem but somehow the default MTU setting does not work with Kindle 3 even though it works with all my other devices. And I am not allowed to change the settings in the router when I travel (in fact, here in Mexico you have to go through hoops even in your own home to change your router settings that are set up by the internet provider).

Does Amazon have a fix for this problem coming? Or is there any other workaround to be able to download Kindle content? This has made my Kindle much less useful as a travel device.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote