Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #121
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Here I thought the increased price at Smashwords would kibosh the 50% off coupon or at least make it so the price would be half of $4.99. Not so. Someone just redeemed it and got the book for ninety-nine cents. I'll let the coupon ride through Saturday before canceling it. And Amazon and Barnes and Noble still haven't adjusted their price, so at least for one more day it's just $1.99 at those two places.

Thanks to all of you Boomerang readers out there. You have made 2010 a very nice year so far.

Code: HK56J

A short review from an Amazon reader:

5.0 out of 5 stars Conjunctive intrigue, September 25, 2009
By the baum "shrinkread" (Tempe, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Paperback)
Great read. Funny, creative, quirky and curiously entertaining. I can totally see a Tarantino film here. I'll be watching for more from this author.
Best,
Alan
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #122
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
That's a great review, Alan!!
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #123
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post

A short review from an Amazon reader:

5.0 out of 5 stars Conjunctive intrigue, September 25, 2009
By the baum "shrinkread" (Tempe, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Paperback)
Great read. Funny, creative, quirky and curiously entertaining. I can totally see a Tarantino film here. I'll be watching for more from this author.
So far, Tarantino and the Cohen brothers have both been named to direct the movie of Boomerang. What say you?
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #124
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Cohen brothers - yes!!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #125
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
If you mean the Coen brothers (Joel and Ethan), then I agree absolutely.

One of my favourite films of all time is 'O Brother Where Are Thou?'. I introduced it to my father-in -law who normally hates anything and everything made after about 1956. Even he loved it and now quotes parts of it all the time ("Damn, we're in a tight spot', 'I'm a Dapper Dan man!, etc..).

I've read Boomerang and, IMHO, I think it would benefit from the lighter touch of the Coen brothers as opposed to Tarantino.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #126
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
I also vote for the Coen brothers. The movie would be hilarious, I am sure.
Books from most of the authors active on this thread are still residing on my TBR pile. I will eventually get to them and post reviews. I am just getting more and more behind on the reading. I could catch up if I didn't have to go to work, sleep, or do any of the other boring stuff we have to do every day. Keep up the shameless promotion everyone.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #127
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
If you mean the Coen brothers (Joel and Ethan), then I agree absolutely.

Of course it's COEN not COHEN. d'oh!!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #128
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Of course it's COEN not COHEN. d'oh!!
Hey, I knew what you meant and I take it as a very high compliment. I've been a fan of theirs since Raising Arizona. When I write I tend to see things in terms of scenes playing out on a movie screen and try to convey the sense to the reader. A big influence on Boomerang is It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

Alan

plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #129
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Wow! What an interesting site! How did you come across it?
He/she came across my book on Smashwords, and solicited permission for a review.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #130
davidhburton
Addict

Very cool!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #131
davidhburton
Addict

Oh, this is going to be shameless...

Since New York Times Bestseller Margaret Weis blurbed my novel I should give her a little plug. Her new novel (with Tracy Hickman) is out this week: Secret of the Dragon (Dragonships of Vindras).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fio...BQZ834&action=

Now, here's the shameless part.

Here's what she had to say about MY book:
"Beautifully written, dark and eerie vision of an apocalyptic future."

...yes, .... shameless. I know. I will briefly hang my head.

OK, done.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #132
davidhburton
Addict

Wow!! I just got my very first review!! 5 stars!!

Go see for yourselves!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9326
Old 03-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #133
banjobama
Busy Read'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Wow!! I just got my very first review!! 5 stars!!

Go see for yourselves!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9326
That doesn't count as a shameless plug unless this Jemma Dean person is really your mom or something.

For real though, that's cool!! Gratz!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #134
davidhburton
Addict

Is it shameless when I point out that she also reviewed it at Amazon!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037HOR1Q

She's not a relative or friend. She found my book during the initial giveaway and messaged me when she finished it about how much she really enjoyed it. My first fan!!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:28 PM   #135
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Breaking news! Sentence of Marriage was FREE before Read an Ebook Week, FREE during RAEW, and is still FREE.

Get it while it's free.

"Hated to put it down to sleep."

"Time travel by book."

"LOVE these books!! I read this one quickly and couldn't purchase the rest of the series quick enough! A great escape into a world that I just love reading about."

And none of these reviewers is my mother.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo