Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Another new E Ink device: BEBOOK

A Netherlands company is putting out a 6" e-ink reader called BEBOOK.

Quote:
The BEBOOK is capable of reading all popular digital document formats like .doc, .txt, .pdf, .jpg, .htm and .rtf files. It features a 6-inch reflective screen, a SD card slot, 512MB of internal storage and a USB connector. The BEBOOK's dimensions are 184mm (length) x 120mm (width) x 10mm (height) and it weighs just 220 gr including the battery.
http://mybebook.com/index.html

Nothing too exciting, but thought it might interest some folks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BeBookSchuin700.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	12715  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Good Morning! I disagree - it is exciting to me that so many companies are bringing readers to market. Competition will force prices down, and hopefully stimulate publishers to push for even more e-book editions.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i agree completely. hope we start to see these effects really soon...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Good Morning! I disagree - it is exciting to me that so many companies are bringing readers to market. Competition will force prices down, and hopefully stimulate publishers to push for even more e-book editions.
I agree it's great there's another device, that's why I posted it. But this particular device doesn't seem all that exciting. It doesn't handle any of the popular ebook formats or anything so I don't see it encouraging publishers & it seems pretty expensive for what it does.

It'd be great to see overall prices drop. If 6" readers were in the $150-$200 range & something Iliad sized in the $300-$350 range you'd really see the market expand I think.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Looks like the Hanlin v3.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I agree it's great there's another device, that's why I posted it. But this particular device doesn't seem all that exciting. It doesn't handle any of the popular ebook formats or anything so I don't see it encouraging publishers & it seems pretty expensive for what it does.

It'd be great to see overall prices drop. If 6" readers were in the $150-$200 range & something Iliad sized in the $300-$350 range you'd really see the market expand I think.
quite true. (come on Astak, hurry up !)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #7
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:

They say it's going to support mobipocket soon, and that would be a good step forward.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #8
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yep, it's just a [not?] rebranded V3.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
More sellers means that many more steps toward economies of scale kicking in on the displays and bringing the cost of making them down, so that the prices will drop too. So yeah, I may not be excited about this particular device, but I am encouraged to see another device, even if it's just rebranded.

When I think that just two years ago e-ink readers were still just so much vaporware ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is this an eInk device? The description says "It features a 6-inch reflective screen" - that, to me, suggests LCD.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is this an eInk device? The description says "It features a 6-inch reflective screen" - that, to me, suggests LCD.
Looks like the Hanlin V3 to me.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
its eInk and its 330€, compared to the new iliad book edition, I'd gladly pay the 170€ extra to get so much more than that.

Otherwise nothing revolutionary to the market, compared to the current market.

However it got an SD card slot, something iRex doesn't give us

And the BEBOOK page says it includes a paper user manual with it, thats so paradox...

Last edited by axel77; 05-09-2008 at 12:10 PM.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
jeczmien
Enthusiast
jeczmien began at the beginning.

Device: none/Hanlin V3/Nokia E50
Add Chinese marks at upper right corner and you will have Hanlin V3. Maybe it will be release 2 with 512 MB internal RAM.
jeczmien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
A Netherlands company is putting out a 6" e-ink reader called BEBOOK.

http://mybebook.com/index.html
So, from reading this site, a couple of noteable things:

1. It states you can install any TrueType font... so thats cool. But only 3 size levels.
2. It supports up to 4GB memory cards.
3. "Future" support for Mobireader. Of course, when is important?
4. It doesn't mention dictionary support.
5. It seems to have a page indicator.
6. Can you only turn the pages with the buttons on the left?
7. €329 ($508) seems like alot... $200 more than a Sony and basically the same features (or less) from some obscure Dutch company... at least obscure to me.

Yes, it is nice to have more of these devices in the market... less chicken/egg arguments from book publishers.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #15
Gester
Enthusiast
Gester began at the beginning.

Device: TX :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
quite true. (come on Astak, hurry up !)
Is this part of that worldwide Netronix/PVI/"Your national distributor here" thing that seems to be going on?

If so, it is much more expensive than the 6" version that Astak says it will have.
Gester is offline   Reply With Quote