Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-07-2023, 02:57 AM   #1
JHanzo
JHanzo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Trouble with stretched images on my kindle devices

I'm creating an ebook that has illustrations using Sigil and I've tested it out on my kindle, but all of the images stretch to fit the entire page which leaves them looking distorted.

Does anyone know of any fix for this? Any help would be much appreciated. I'll even send you a copy of the book (even if it is for children).
JHanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:40 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
What css is being used to control image size?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2023, 01:38 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Look at using Insert SVG PI
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283333
You want to maintain ASPECT ratio at the least.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:21 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Welcome to MR!!

This is a recurring issue that has MANY threads discussing the different techniques with their individual pros & cons.

My technique is to use height:auto with width set at whatever % I wish (or vice-versa for landscape images) whenever I need an inline image (one that doesn’t need its own full page). I use the svg wrapper technique (which is what the plug-in theducks referred to does) for full page images.

However, you mentioned you are making a children’s book. If you are attempting a fixed layout book, then that is very difficult and beyond the help we can give you here. Talk to a professional and be willing to pay dearly for them to go down that rabbit hole.

Otherwise, just search these threads for terms like "SVG wrapper" or "aspect ratio"… you’ll find lots to digest.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote