Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
jetBook LED Sucks and is Buggy

Well I think this is the place to start a jetBook thread. It was either this or stay in the Bed, Bath, and Beyond thread forever.

The more inanimate an ebook reader is, the better for me. My Kindle doesn't blink at me when I turn a page and I like it that way. Although the jetBook green led is quite tiny, it is not unobtrusive. It blinks every time I push a button, every time I turn a page, sometimes while I am just reading a page, and just now it was blinking every two seconds until I backed out of the book and opened it again.

Does it have any meaning, or was the deaf and dumb playing Chief from Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest trying to communicate with me as I'm reading the book?

Anyone else notice this odd behavior? I could do without it, or a way to turn it off in settings.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
I've never noticed a blink at all, just my mystery wiggle. Maybe the wiggle and the blink are hints of some sort of manufacturing problem or faulty software? My issue clears when I plug the JetBook in and whatever system resets or reloads -- does yours go away as well when you plug in the charger?

How about the auto page turn function? I have this entirely disabled but perhaps that is the source of your blinking.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
No wiggle here. My auto page turn function is set to never as well. I will have to try your plug in remedy when the issue appears again.

When one plugs it in the led stays on constantly to indicate charging. Now when one turns a page or presses any button, it blinks off each time.

I didn't find the designed in LED blinking that bad until I noticed it happening when I was just reading a page. Then when it began to blink every two seconds, well that did it.

I would definitely like to see an LED on/off option. You know, "don't bother me, I'm reading".
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote