Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
ColFormi
ColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo glo hd
Can't download books from my own email

I was testing the web browser of my Glo HD today. I downloaded an ebook successfully from Gutenberg. But when I tried to download the same book from my gmail account, my kobo just went frozen after I tapped "Continue".

I am running firmware 3.19.5761. Anyone knows what might be the problem?
ColFormi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Hmmm... you might want to update your firmware. That version is close to 3 years old.

Otherwise, gmail has been a PITA for quite a while. Even on my PC, I've had odd issues with attachments.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2018, 12:00 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@ColFormi: I have tested downloading a book from gmail, and it works. But, I'm pretty sure the oldest firmware I have tried it with is in around 4.5.x. I did do some downloading with 3.19.5761 with mixed results. But, the problems were to do with how the site was coded and if the browser could us the download link.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
ColFormi
ColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enoughColFormi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmmm... you might want to update your firmware. That version is close to 3 years old.

Otherwise, gmail has been a PITA for quite a while. Even on my PC, I've had odd issues with attachments.

Thank you for your reply.

I downgraded my Kobo to 3.19.5761 because, firstly, I prefer the old home screen to the new one and, secondly, the thread here praises this version as THE golden release which sounds quite appealing to me.

But, yes, you are right. I might as well try a more up-to-date one.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
ColFormi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@ColFormi: I have tested downloading a book from gmail, and it works. But, I'm pretty sure the oldest firmware I have tried it with is in around 4.5.x. I did do some downloading with 3.19.5761 with mixed results. But, the problems were to do with how the site was coded and if the browser could us the download link.
Thank you for taking the trouble to do the test for me. I feel grateful and also embarrassed because hours after I posted my question, I found a discussion thread in which you mentioned the MIME type issue. Though it is beyond me to understand what it is, I do get a rough idea that it is not just about the firmware but also has something to do with the websites. Had I found the thread earlier, I would not post my question.

Anyway, thank you so much. I will try a newer firmware version and see if it works.
Advert