Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
sweetevilbunies
sweetevilbunies began at the beginning.

Device: Sony, Nook Color
Bulk Metadata Download Problem

I also am having a problem after upgrading to 0.88. When I try to download metadata through the bulk metada it just sits and spins. When I open the jobs screen the job shows at being 3% and unavailable. (the download metadat individually seems to work fine.)
sweetevilbunies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved to thread of its own
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to bulk metadata download in 0.8.8. Open the jobs window and look at the job details for the bulk download to see what it is doing.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
sweetevilbunies

Ok, I think I found the problem. I had to uncheck the ISBN plugin in Preferences- Metadata. It seems it was causing the search to get stuck. Seems to be working now.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
sweetevilbunies

Ok, I was wrong...that didn't fix it. Its weird, for some reason the bulk metadata download is randomly getting stuck and just spinning. Opening Jobs doesn't give any information...no error messages...it just spins and doesn't go on to the next book.
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're probably suffering from this problem: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140955
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
sweetevilbunies

Yes, that sounds almost exactly like whats happening to me...Thank you!