Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Sigil moves in to a dedicated forum on MobileRead !

Just two days after the alpha release of epub-editor Sigil, developped by our very own Valloric after much discussion with MobileRead members and book-makers, we are happy and proud to announce that Sigil is setting up house in its very own forum right here on MobileRead !

You can find it here, and the door is always open, so please feel free to stop by, look around, and sit in the comfy chair for some sweet epub-editing goodness.

This is the place to ask questions, talk about best practices, exchange useful tips, talk about possible bugs, and discuss what features and enhancements are important to you, to make Sigil the best epub editing software ever ! So what are you waiting for ? We think it's off to a great start already.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Good news. I hope this tool becomes the premier editor for the publishing industry and Volloric gets rich.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I don't mean this to be disrespectful in any way, but if such a new software can warrant its own forum, why is there no forum for the Jetbook which has proven itself to be a solid alternative to the E-Ink based readers? I mean, the Readius still has a forum despite the fact that the company which was going to produce it is defunct.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
I don't mean this to be disrespectful in any way, but if such a new software can warrant its own forum, why is there no forum for the Jetbook which has proven itself to be a solid alternative to the E-Ink based readers? I mean, the Readius still has a forum despite the fact that the company which was going to produce it is defunct.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52729
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Didn't see that. Thank you!
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
MoriahJovan
MoriahJovan began at the beginning.

Device: eBookWise
So far, I love this. Love. Love. Love. I have a punch list going, though, and I've only edited a preexisting EPUB file, not made one from scratch. The metadata possibilities are to die for.

I may love this as much or more than I do Atlantis.
MoriahJovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriahJovan View Post
So far, I love this. Love. Love. Love. I have a punch list going, though, and I've only edited a preexisting EPUB file, not made one from scratch. The metadata possibilities are to die for.

I may love this as much or more than I do Atlantis.
hi moriah, welcome to the forum ! we're pretty excited about sigil too and really glad you've joined us to participate in the discussion. please take a look around the new sigil digs and share any useful info or ideas you come up with.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
MoriahJovan
MoriahJovan began at the beginning.

Device: eBookWise
Hi, Zelda, and thank you!

For now, I only have two suggestions:

1. As someone in another thread proposed, a find/replace.

2. I would like it to go to the last directory I used instead of the Sigil program directory.

I was hoping that one could build an adequate EPUB file from scratch using Sigil, but I'm not sure that's what you're aiming for. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

For now, I think the best bet is creating the file in Atlantis, (which does not allow for the level of format editing I want), then editing with Sigil, which is a good work process for me.

I never EVER liked Book Designer from the first moment I opened it, so I'm glad to see others willing to migrate to Sigil, even in alpha testing.

Last edited by MoriahJovan; 08-05-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: extraneous verbosity
MoriahJovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
1. As someone in another thread proposed, a find/replace.
On the issue tracker already.

Quote:
2. I would like it to go to the last directory I used instead of the Sigil program directory.
This was done for opening and saving documents, but not for importing images. This was fixed in 0.1.1, so importing images starts in the last directory now too.

Quote:
I was hoping that one could build an adequate EPUB file from scratch using Sigil, but I'm not sure that's what you're aiming for. If I'm wrong, please let me know.
It is one of the things I'm aiming for, and it should certainly be possible.

Quote:
For now, I think the best bet is creating the file in Atlantis, (which does not allow for the level of format editing I want), then editing with Sigil, which is a good work process for me.
You are of course free to use any process you like.

Quote:
I never EVER liked Book Designer from the first moment I opened it, so I'm glad to see others willing to migrate to Sigil, even in alpha testing.
Nobody really likes BD.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub app, epub application, epub editor, sigil