Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 03:25 AM   #16
loc_141
Enthusiast
loc_141 began at the beginning.

Device: pBooks
I was reading under the sun where the temperature was 32C/90F and the letters started to dance around too, but when I moved to a cooler spot they stopped. It must be the heat, and the black color of my reader, which is a pity because I like to read outdoor under the sun a lot, the screen looks just so nice and the contrast is much higher under natural sun light.

To lunged: you can send me a few jpgs you want to see displayed on the jetbook, I dont mind taking a few photos. just attach them here
loc_141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #17
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by loc_141 View Post
I was reading under the sun where the temperature was 32C/90F and the letters started to dance around too, but when I moved to a cooler spot they stopped.
Interesting. Can you make the picture of it? I never had this "special effect" on my unit.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #18
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
Interesting. Can you make the picture of it? I never had this "special effect" on my unit.
I don't think a still picture will show it. Its sort of like when a CRT monitor goes bad and the image 'dances' as the interlaced refresh lines are off a pixel or two making the image jiggle from left to right. Mine tends to only occur 1 or 2 cm on the left side of the screen although on occasion its been as much as half the screen.

Mine has cropped up again as well back in the PacNW where its definitely not hot. To fix it I just plug it for a few seconds into the wall charger or a computer USB and viola, back to normal. It must be some sort of internal reset of whatever draws the screen image. The splash screens never jiggle, just the books themselves.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Maybe you could get a video of the dancing screen.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote