Device: OnePlus One
Calibre License transfer request

Dear developers,

I am a happy owner of the Calibre Companion application and rely on it
daily. Unfortunately, I purchased the Pro version under my university account
(doh!) and as I have already left university, I only have a couple of
months before I lose the access to my university email (managed by
google). Would you be ever so kind, if possible, transfer the ownership
of the application to my current gmail account.

I know that google doesn't deal with ownership transfers and usually
advise to contact the developers directly.I have the original order number and order details.

If at all possible, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!
Alex
platforma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
Annie-MultiPie
CC Team
Annie-MultiPie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Hello platforma,

Unfortunately it's not possible to transfer the app from one account to another. If you would like I can refund your original order for you and you can purchase Calibre Companion again through your new account.

If you would like to go ahead with the refund please send your order number over to hello(at)multipie(dot)co(dot)uk.
Annie-MultiPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So there's no way to change the email address used when the purchase was made? What happens if someone uses their ISP email address and then moves and changes ISP? There has to be a way to change the email address originally used.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So there's no way to change the email address used when the purchase was made? What happens if someone uses their ISP email address and then moves and changes ISP? There has to be a way to change the email address originally used.
No, there isn't any way to transfer purchases or to merge accounts. Even Google says they cannot do it, although I suspect that if a customer pushed hard enough Google might find a way. It is certain that we cannot do it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
No, there isn't any way to transfer purchases or to merge accounts. Even Google says they cannot do it, although I suspect that if a customer pushed hard enough Google might find a way. It is certain that we cannot do it.
So as it stands, if someone's email address was to change, they'd be screwed for all of their purchases because Google doesn't know how to program a database properly?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:17 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does http://www.feelzdroid.com/2015/05/tr...e-account.html help?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:48 PM   #7
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
That is for developers to transfer their apps from one developer account to another, not for app purchases.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #8
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So as it stands, if someone's email address was to change, they'd be screwed for all of their purchases because Google doesn't know how to program a database properly?
No. I have a Google account that was tied to my live.com email address. I was able to convert it to a gmail login so that I no longer need access to the live.com account to use it. I can log in with the gmail address instead. I'm not sure why OP can't do the same, if it's just a matter of the email address.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:04 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
No. I have a Google account that was tied to my live.com email address. I was able to convert it to a gmail login so that I no longer need access to the live.com account to use it. I can log in with the gmail address instead. I'm not sure why OP can't do the same, if it's just a matter of the email address.
Could you tell me how you did this? I can't find anywhere I can change my email address.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:46 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Will this do the trick?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:12 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Will this do the trick?
It might, but not in all cases, including mine. My family's private email domains are managed as part of a Google Apps installation. Apparently that is enough to trigger the "If you use Gmail with your account, it's not currently possible to change your Gmail username after you've registered" exception. In any event, I don't see the promised edit button. Instead, Google says "The address used to identify your Google Account to you and others. You can't change this address."

The OP will be in the same situation, given that his/her university email address was hosted by Google.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:22 AM   #12
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Could you tell me how you did this? I can't find anywhere I can change my email address.
I somehow missed the part where the university email was managed by Google. I was thinking he was logging into a Google account with an edu email but I see now that's not the case.

I was primarily responding to John that a person with a regular Google account attached to a non-gmail address has the option to switch to using a gmail login with that account.

You can add a alternate email / login to almost any account:
Quote:
In addition to your primary email address, you can add alternate email addresses to your account and use them to sign in, recover your password, and more.
...but that's only going to be of help to standard Google accounts that are completely within the user's control.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:27 AM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I somehow missed the part where the university email was managed by Google. I was thinking he was logging into a Google account with an edu email but I see now that's not the case.
He is logging into a Google account with an EDU email, but that email address is managed by Google same as Chaley's example of his "family's private email domains are managed as part of a Google Apps installation." Either way it looks like he may be out of luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:59 AM   #14
platforma
platforma began at the beginning.

Device: OnePlus One
So I have been contacted by a few other developers, to whom I sent a request regarding transferring the app ownership. Most of them got back to me offering me a google play "promo code" for their particular application. You redeem the code when trying to purchase it. The application is added to my purchased list and bound to my account, and the developer doesn't have to deal with any transfers, the codes can be generated in the unlimited quantities.

Perhaps you would consider this route? I will contact you directly with the order number and other details. Should I use: hello(at)multipie(dot)co(dot)uk or PM someone here?

Alex

Last edited by platforma; 03-18-2016 at 07:03 AM.
platforma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 03:28 AM   #15
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by platforma View Post
So I have been contacted by a few other developers, to whom I sent a request regarding transferring the app ownership. Most of them got back to me offering me a google play "promo code" for their particular application. You redeem the code when trying to purchase it. The application is added to my purchased list and bound to my account, and the developer doesn't have to deal with any transfers, the codes can be generated in the unlimited quantities.

Perhaps you would consider this route? I will contact you directly with the order number and other details. Should I use: hello(at)multipie(dot)co(dot)uk or PM someone here?

Alex
The promo codes aren't a bad idea. Annie, who would normally handle this sort of thing, is now on holiday for some time. As a last gasp before leaving she generated and sent me a few promo codes so I could help you.

Send me a PM with the previous order info and the new account email address. I will send the promo code to the new address and make sure Annie gets the info.

Tags
licence, transfer