Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Warranty/Support on Used Gen3

Greetings,

Does anyone know if Bookeen offers support/provides warranty service on used Gen3s? Or does all support terminate with the transfer to a new owner?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Legal waranty in europe is two year.
You need a proof of purchase though. (Makes sure the previous owner provide it)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Legal waranty in europe is two year.
You need a proof of purchase though. (Makes sure the previous owner provide it)
It was but it is not called warranty. That was changed a couple of years ago to three years. In the first six months the seller has to show that you have caused the problem for them not to fix it. After six months you have to show that it was a problem with the unit when it was sold.

A company can also offer a warranty but that is optional.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I live in the US, so I take it that this warranty/whatchamacallit would not apply to me?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
I live in the US, so I take it that this warranty/whatchamacallit would not apply to me?
I think Bookeen offered a two years warranty (or was it one year?) and that should be transferable. So it should apply if its is within the time limit.
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
.... why not ask them directly .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #7
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Now that IS funny...
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #8
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Because it takes them months to answer, if they answer at all.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not true ! (took them two day to answer me).
Old 10-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Not true ! (took them two day to answer me).
Wow! You mean you had to wait outside their offices for two whole DAYS before they'd speak to you? ('Cause far too many people have had months-delays via email contact to believe you got an email response in just two days.)

And yes, even when NAEB was in business, we routinely experienced months' delays in email responses from Bookeen - and we were SELLING their product!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard

... ...
Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Possibly they answer emails in French much faster - I have no experience in that field. Maybe only Michael knows English well enough to answer emails and on the blog, and he's busy. On Mobileread forums many people reported Bookeen not answering their emails for months, if at all, and they ignored enough of my emails that I stopped emailing them.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
Hobohodou
not such a "badguy" =/
Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Bebook + Zune HD
Okay,

I asked the question to bookeen support myself as my device is used...

COPYPASTA
Quote:
Concerning your first question, the device is under warranty during one year from the date of purchase. You will consequently need the invoice where the date of purchase appears.
'-' got a reply, here are the times
Sent: Sun 10/25/09 6:50 AM
recieved: Mon 10/26/09 5:44 AM

So yeah...my experiences are great so far '-'d
Hobohodou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobohodou View Post
Okay,

I asked the question to bookeen support myself as my device is used...

COPYPASTA

'-' got a reply, here are the times
Sent: Sun 10/25/09 6:50 AM
recieved: Mon 10/26/09 5:44 AM

So yeah...my experiences are great so far '-'d
But this answer is incomplete if you are in the EU. Yes, warranty is one year. But you have other protections for three years.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #15
Hobohodou
not such a "badguy" =/
Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Bebook + Zune HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
But this answer is incomplete if you are in the EU. Yes, warranty is one year. But you have other protections for three years.
I shall take the answer that I got from bookeen, due to people only having to offer a 28 day warranty on items in the UK =/

Anything after that is goodwill...So 1 year sounds good (also one years warranty from my work, but would prefer to return it to bookeen)
Hobohodou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, gen3, support