Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
Joew1
Joew1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo Vox Connectivity Issue

I Have a Kobo Vox and for some reason it won't connect to most web sites.
I'm constantly getting Secutity Certificate warnings on almost all websites it does connect to. When I try to download an app from Google Play it hangs.
I've tried re-setting to initial settings by hitting volume up and power while booting - seemed to re-set, had to re-set personal settings and it did a update to latest software, but issue is unchanged.
I'm not sure if I have a virus or not, but I'd like to reset the firmware back to an original version if possible. Maybe someone knows of an alternative fix for this. I expect there may be a missing folder where security certificate info is stored. Is there a virus scan program that I should try?
I have some very limited programming knowledge having done some C programming when in University and some limited experience with Linux systems, but I'm not a programmer or developer. I've read through many of the posts here finding much of it above my head, but with some help, I should be able to replace the OS if it is available somewhere. I'm also open to wiping the root completely and installing any other available tablet software that would allow it to be used as an e-reader.
Any help that can be provided would be appreciated.
Joew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might be running into an issue where the Android 2.3 used on the Kobo Vox does not support the level of security mandated by most software now. Most sites now mandate minimum 1024 bit key length.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
connectivity, virus, vox