Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #1
tobiasj
surrounded by books
tobiasj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle HDX, PRS-500, PRS-505, Rocket e-book
[Android - Kindle] Calibre Companion on Kindle says dropbox library is corrupt.

OK so I am using Calibre Companion on all of my devices. On my Android phone, my Android Tablet, and my iPad, the database works fine (Not to mention on my windows 10 PC where I add books to Calibre) When I try to access it on my Kindle Fire 8 CC always responds that the database is missing or corrupted. There is over 1GB free space on the Kindle and I have removed and reinstalled the CC app.
I have exported, erased and reimported the library on the PC and changed the folder on Dropbox where it is stored. I have run repairs on the database in Windows and still I can't open it on the Kindle.
The kindle version of CC is 5.2.1.7 (349).

Any suggestions?
tobiasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
tobiasj
surrounded by books

I just updated to 5.2.2.3 (352) and the problem remains. Only on the kindle version.
Advert
Old 11-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Does the fire have an SD card installed? If so, CC will try to use it for the cloud databases. On some device/SD card combinations it doesn't work properly. You can set the option Settings / Connect to calibre / Cloud connection / Save cloud cache in main memory to tell CC not to use the SD card.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #4
tobiasj
surrounded by books

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Does the fire have an SD card installed? If so, CC will try to use it for the cloud databases. On some device/SD card combinations it doesn't work properly. You can set the option Settings / Connect to calibre / Cloud connection / Save cloud cache in main memory to tell CC not to use the SD card.
That worked perfectly, Thanks! I would naturally prefer to have the database stored on the SD with the very limited storage in the Kindle Fire 8, but I would rather have it work than not so this is fine. Thanks again!
Old 05-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #5
mightydimo
mightydimo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 8.0(2018)
Ive got this same problem but the above solution did not work for me. I have same table (2018) version of the Fire HD 8.0. I have also tried it on Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 and same issue. Another other work arounds?

I am new to this program and just copied .pdf's to a directory. Do i need to do something with the Calibre desktop software first?
mightydimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
mightydimo
mightydimo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 8.0(2018)
Also i am not trying to connect to Dropbox other other Cloud. Just the SD card with .pdf's on it.
mightydimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydimo View Post
Ive got this same problem but the above solution did not work for me. I have same table (2018) version of the Fire HD 8.0. I have also tried it on Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 and same issue. Another other work arounds?

I am new to this program and just copied .pdf's to a directory. Do i need to do something with the Calibre desktop software first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydimo View Post
Also i am not trying to connect to Dropbox other other Cloud. Just the SD card with .pdf's on it.
I am not sure what you are doing or what problem you are having.

CC works with calibre. You put books in CC using calibre's wireless device or content server. Putting books in a folder (I assume on the device) doesn't put the books in CC. These FAQs might be of some help.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote