Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
tag Mapper Location

I know where the .json for tag mapping is located, but where is the internal part that indicates how the mapping works, or what the "tag" column is.

I am not sure if I worded that correctly, but my goal is to create the ability to map other specific columns. I have the columns named and formatted (genre, bookshelves, etc.) and really, really, want to be able to map and format them with the plugin, but can't seem to be able to find where the plugin rules or settings are located beyond the basic .json file.

I need to get my glasses checked, this is the second time today I posted my question on the wrong forum page. This was to go into the Calibre Developers forum. If a Moderator would kindly move it there, I would be ever so grateful...

Last edited by Rellwood; 08-09-2020 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Again wrong forum page...
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Move Done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is the OP proposing to do any development work - i.e write any code. If not IMO this thread doesn't belong here see ==>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum

I suspect not, that's why I moved it in the first instance

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:54 PM   #4
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Is the OP proposing to do any development work - i.e write any code. If not IMO this thread doesn't belong here see ==>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum

I suspect not, that's why I moved it in the first instance

BR
Was prepared to look it over and see the workings of it, whether or not I did the changes would depend on what I saw. I saw that post. I wasn't prepared to ask anyone to do any work (on this), because I already submitted a request for it in the past. I just figured that if I saw how it was set up then MAYBE I could POSSIBLY see how it could be changed. Until I saw where it was listed, I would never know.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:17 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's in the code, look for files named tag_mapper.py and iits actually called in gui2/add.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote