Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
tommet
tommet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 300, Iphone 4
Calibre 0.7.19 content server and kindle 3 problem

Ok, I've changed my port to 80 for the kindle 3, and I'm loading the mobile site in the devices browser. When I click on the mobi format button to download the book, I get a pop up that tells me it will be placed in the home screen. BUT - it never appears. The busy thing up in the upper left hand corner of the kindle spins like twice, and then stops.

I've served content off this to my Ipods and Iphone, so I know the server's working, but anybody got any place they can point me for the kindle 3?

Incidentally, I've made sure caliber is in my exceptions list, and I'm trying to this from inside my home wifi, not externally...

Help?
tommet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
tommet

Anybody? Beuller? Beuller?
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
tommet

Lotsa views, no comments... Is this a common problem? Or completely unheard of? Are any folks using the kindle 3 and downloading via the content server?? Is it an issue with my setup, or a general one?
Old 09-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I just downloaded the new version and tried it, and it worked just fine, so I'm thinking it's something in your setting. Have you tried downloading it on your PC? Is it just a sorting problem on the Kindle (it's sorting to the end of the home page or something?) If you have a wifi only, the clock isn't set automatically, so sorting could be an issue.

Sorry I can't be of more help. If you're comfortable sharing your library (at least temporarily) I'd be happy to try it on my K3 if you thought it might help.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
tommet

Setting the time did it. It now downloads books.
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Glad to hear you got it working. I wonder if it was downloading all along and just sending the books to the end of the list? I know I wouldn't necessarily think to look there if they didn't show up on the first page.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
tommet

Nope, I'd checked the entire list. It's a new k3 so I don't have a lot of content on it. Yet. Thanks again.