Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle 2, iPhone, VIZIO
Question new to Calibre - where do ebook files hide on my pc?

I'm finally brave enough to download and begin to learn Calibre. I think it will be great. Thank you, Koval!
But, I am having trouble finding my downloaded ebook files so that I can add them to Calibre.

I have @ 700 items in MobiPocket Reader on the cpu (running Windows XP), about 150 on Kindle4PC (some are duplicates of the MP Reader), and miscellaneous eReader books 'somewhere'.

Is there a way to transfer directly from MobiPocket Reader?
And from Kindle4PC?

If not, does anyone have suggestions for finding the 'buried' ebook files in my cpu?

Some/many of the Mobipocket ebooks can be downloaded again from Fictionwise and from Baen.

I do not know how to download the Kindle ebooks from Amazon to Calibre.

I suspect that many of you are , but I will be truly grateful for any help.

Barb
barb2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You can import entire folders into Calibre. I think MobiPocket's default folder is My Documents\My eBooks (it can be changed, and I use My Documents\My eBooks\Mobipocket). The K4PC ebooks are in My Documents\My Kindle Content. I don't know where eReader ebooks go, but they are most likely in some other folder in My Documents.

For all three formats, you can add plugins to Calibre to strip the DRM (if any) during import. See the tools_2.4 bundle, and as usual Apprentice Alf's Blog is the place to go for DRM info.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle 2, iPhone, VIZIO
Thank you. I'll try your suggestions. I really appreciate the help.
Barb
barb2cats is offline   Reply With Quote