Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #106
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewball View Post
Thanks for the hard work. The new version attempts to open K4PC, but I get this error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 752, in gui_main
inpath, pid = unswindler.get_book()
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 703, in get_book
debugger.main_loop()
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 562, in main_loop
self._handle_bp(addr)
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 493, in _handle_bp
callback(self, context)
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 627, in _get_book_path
path = debugger.read_process_memory(addr, 4096)
File "C:\Python26\New folder\unswindle.pyw", line 436, in read_process_memory
raise DebuggerError("could not read memory @ 0x%08x" % (addr,))
TypeError: %x format: a number is required, not c_void_p.

When I open K4PC first and run the script, I get "Failed To Determine Book Path". Am I doing anything wrong? I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

Thanks
Never mind... had a "duh" moment...

Last edited by phenomshel; 12-18-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: duh moment
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #107
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still getting this, even after I "reset" according to Lilly's example.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 752, in gui_main
inpath, pid = unswindler.get_book()
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 703, in get_book
debugger.main_loop()
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 562, in main_loop
self._handle_bp(addr)
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 493, in _handle_bp
callback(self, context)
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 627, in _get_book_path
path = debugger.read_process_memory(addr, 4096)
File "C:\Python26\Tools\Scripts\unswindle.pyw", line 436, in read_process_memory
raise DebuggerError("could not read memory @ 0x%08x" % (addr,))
TypeError: %x format: a number is required, not c_void_p
Old 12-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #108
stewball
Enthusiast
stewball has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
It works for me! Kindle For PC should be close because the script needs to open it. Sometimes I get the below errors, but I then close everything and open Kindle For PC and run unswindle and get the book path error. For some reason it resets it and I can now unswindle my books. I've already done 6 to make sure. This is so simple! Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, SP2! Did I forget to mention that i♥cabbages!
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 752, in gui_main inpath, pid = unswindler.get_book() File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 703, in get_book debugger.main_loop() File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 562, in main_loop self._handle_bp(addr) File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 493, in _handle_bp callback(self, context) File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 627, in _get_book_path path = debugger.read_process_memory(addr, 4096) File "C:\Mobi Books\Unswindle\unswindle.py", line 436, in read_process_memory raise DebuggerError("could not read memory @ 0x%08x" % (addr,))

I tried your suggestion, but no luck. Going to try it on a Vista laptop.
stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #109
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Posted a version 3 which fixes this issue for Lilly, and thus hopefully everyone else.
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #110
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
I hate to sound like I'm pushing something here, but seriously: source-visible script with GUI that automatically figures out the appropriate source file and runs mobidedrm for you: Circumventing Kindle For PC DRM . No takers?
It doesn't work here. I run the initial script and below is what I get. I'm on XP Pro SP3. With Python 2.5.x.

Quote:
[G:\MP] unswindle.py
G:\MP\unswindle.py:720: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6
File "G:\MP\unswindle.py", line 720
with tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile(delete=False) as tmpf:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-18-2009 at 05:03 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #111
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
I got the memory issue with script 2, but then I uninstalled/deregistered K4PC and then reinstalled/reregistered and both versions 2 and 3 open the K4PC exe andf show the books correctly but when I pick a book I get "failed to determine book path"; I tried both opening or just selecting it and closing K4PC and result is the same

I have XP Home Edition 2002 SP 3
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #112
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It doesn't work here. I run the initial script and below is what I get. I'm on XP Pro SP3. With Python 2.5.x.
Yeah, this puppy requires Python 2.6. There's some additions to ctypes I couldn't convince myself to live without.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #113
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
I got the memory issue with script 2, but then I uninstalled/deregistered K4PC and then reinstalled/reregistered and both versions 2 and 3 open the K4PC exe andf show the books correctly but when I pick a book I get "failed to determine book path"; I tried both opening or just selecting it and closing K4PC and result is the same

I have XP Home Edition 2002 SP 3
Hmm. You are running unswindle with K4PC *closed*, yes? The unswindle script then launches K4PC for you. You do the need to open the book in question (not just highlight it). If that doesn't immediately help, could you try running it a few times, just to make sure it isn't some intermittent condition I'm not handling properly?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #114
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Version 3?
Quick directions that I'll erase.

Last edited by Lilly; 12-26-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:19 PM   #115
stewball
Enthusiast
stewball has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500
It seems to be working. At least it opens the program. Not sure how to get the PID. All the books are still protected.
stewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #116
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

It worked for me this time! Karma, karma, karma, karma....

Old 12-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #117
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
It seems to be working. At least it opens the program. Not sure how to get the PID. All the books are still protected.
Open the book you want decrypted in Kindle for PC when it's open. Then close Kindle for PC. A box will pop up asking you for a file name and location to save the unencrypted mobi file... pick a name, pick save, and VOILA!

Shel
Old 12-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #118
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Directions erased!

Last edited by Lilly; 12-26-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #119
avid
Enthusiast
avid has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Palm TX, Ebookwise 1150, Cybook Gen 3
Works for me! Great work - thanks so much for all of your time and effort!
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #120
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Ok, I think I spoke too soon. The book the program worked on will get to page three in mobipocket reader before crashing the program, and crashed Kindle for PC immediately. Unfortunately, I'm already late for work, so will have to work on this later. Y'all have fun!