Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 08-09-2015, 04:34 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Windows 10 Onscreen Keyboard

I have a Surface 3 running Windows 10. I'm confused with the onscreen keyboard. I'm used to auto caps, auto spell check and word suggestions running along the top of the keyboard. I have all the settings for typing and keyboard turned on but I don't have anything like that which makes using the keyboard difficult.

I just wondered what anyone else with a W10 and a tablet was seeing? Thanks
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have a Surface 3 running Windows 10. I'm confused with the onscreen keyboard. I'm used to auto caps, auto spell check and word suggestions running along the top of the keyboard. I have all the settings for typing and keyboard turned on but I don't have anything like that which makes using the keyboard difficult.

I just wondered what anyone else with a W10 and a tablet was seeing? Thanks
Just played with it on my Surface. Under devices, typing, typing, "Show text suggestions.." turned on it has the word suggestions along the top of the keyboard for me. I tested it in Word, so not sure if it works across the board or just there. Sounds like you had all the options under that turned on already. I'd maybe try turning them off, rebooting and turning them on. I have a perception that W10 seems to have some niggles with properly storing settings, but I have no proof to back that up.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Just played with it on my Surface. Under devices, typing, typing, "Show text suggestions.." turned on it has the word suggestions along the top of the keyboard for me. I tested it in Word, so not sure if it works across the board or just there. Sounds like you had all the options under that turned on already. I'd maybe try turning them off, rebooting and turning them on. I have a perception that W10 seems to have some niggles with properly storing settings, but I have no proof to back that up.
Thanks Robko, I checked mine earlier with various programs and it's fine in word, and if I'm searching the settings. It seems to be on web pages (like this forum) where it seems to be a problem. Maybe it's just the way windows is designed who knows!
Old 08-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Ahhh ... you're correct . Just tried it and I'm seeing the same. Works in Word, but not for web.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:02 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Josieb1 & robko - one thing to try, make sure all your browser add-ons are up to date. I had some problems with Win10 here and another VBulletin board - was fixed by me updating my firefox add-ons

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:02 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Josieb1 & robko - one thing to try, make sure all your browser add-ons are up to date. I had some problems with Win10 here and another VBulletin board - was fixed by me updating my firefox add-ons

BR
Ao you know what add ons you installed?